Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Improve the performance of your engine for $10..

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Default Improve the performance of your engine for $10..

Has your car been lacking power and fuel economy? Ever heard of SeaFoam? I've used this product in all of my cars and has worked wonders. It is by far the best product I've ever used that will clean your motor within a few minutes..

Sea FoamŽ Motor Treatment is a 100% pure petroleum product that safely and effectively cleans internal fuel and oil system components, helping your gasoline or diesel engine run cleaner and more efficiently. Sea FoamŽ is an EPA-registered product, and will not harm engine components, seals, gaskets, catalytic converters or oxygen sensors.
Sea FoamŽ liquefies gum and varnish deposits or internal engine contaminants, removing carbon deposits, freeing sticky valve lifters and rings, improving idle quality, pinging and hesitation problems. By using Sea FoamŽ to eliminate varnish and carbon buildup, mechanics can more accurately diagnose mechanical problems that may exist. That is why Sea FoamŽ has been so popular with professional mechanics for over 65 years.
As a fuel system additive, Sea FoamŽ will clean carburetors, fuel injectors, clean carbon, gum and varnish deposits, add lubricity to fuel, stabilize fuel for 2 years and control moisture.
As an oil system additive, Sea FoamŽ controls moisture, gum, varnish and residue deposits.

If you never heard of it before, and if you havent stay away from working under the hood, go buy this stuff seriously guys. How I use it is i split it up into 3 sections. 1 section goes directly into your gas tank, 2nd section goes into your motor oil, and your 3rd goes straight into a vaccum line of your choice (I use the brake booster valve just because it fits perfectly into the bottle). Just make sure when you put it through the vaccum you keep giving the car throttle to prevent it from stalling out. Once it has taken the rest of the SeaFoam. I let the car sit for about 5-10min, then start it up and let it idle before giving it some good revs. Once you done with that, take it for a drive around the block or so to blow all the smoke out. The more smoke you blow out the better. It will blow out white smoke so don't be alarmed. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 04-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Damnit!

Old 04-01-2011, 04:13 PM

15 Year Member

hahaha, It's okay.

Always good information to read

Old 04-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Old 04-01-2011, 05:57 PM

I've done both except the booster line.
Need to do them again soon, thanks for the reminder!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:14 PM

Seen this on youtube they have many videos . Wanted to do this to my Burban but forgot about the product when I traded it in for the Monte.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I love seafoam. Even if your car isnt running badly, never hurts to dump half a can in the tank every now and then. I like to run it into the engine via brake booster before each plug change as well. Also, the first thing I do when I buy a new vehicle is 1/3 can in fuel tank, 1/3 can into brake booster and 1/3 can into oil. Run it 500 miles then change the oil and check the plugs.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:07 AM

15 Year Member

You just have to be careful with it when you have the L67 so you don't take the coating off your rotors.

I have yet to run it into the oil. I just do gas tank and brake booster

Old 04-02-2011, 09:30 AM

Ive Used it On my 2.4 Olds ALero, I had. Car would sputter like crazy one can of sea foam FIXed that Problem.

AS for your Oil. Why dont People Try (ATF) AtuoMatic tanny fulid.. My uncle Told me this Trick. I put 1/2 L into your Oil. Drive for Few Days and do a oil Change.. Best Way To clean up carbon and SAFE..

Ive also Heard you can Put ATF in your Fuel Tank. 1l to a full tank. and it will clean ur injection sysetem.. Ive Done that To my Winter Beater This year 91 Buick century and it seemed to get better fuel Millage after that..

Quick Reply: Improve the performance of your engine for $10..