Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

help! any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:34 AM
Default help! any suggestions?

my 03 ls has 132,000 on it and for the most part drives very smooth. However, every so often it will stutter when i accelerate from a dead stop until i let off the gas and slowly go again. whenever that happens, the rest of the car ride it shifts either hard or long into every gear. Very annoying, then say i stop and turn the car off to run in the store, come back out start it and go, it drives and shifts very smoothly. I've been trying to figure out if this happens at certain times like when its cold, or when its warm but it just seems to randomly do it. The only thing i have noticed about it is that it has never happened when it has over half a tank of gas, so ive only noticed it when its under half. Not sure if that is just coincidence or what.

I noticed the problem within the first month/1,000 mile powertrain warranty so i brought it in to the dealership. But i guess the warranty is only if the engine/transmission FAILS. so after 10 hours of them having my car they ended up saying its just the computer getting used to a new driver which i have come to find out, is a load of dookie. That was about 4 months ago and the problem still happens. The thing that kinda got to me about the dealership was that they didnt even bother to listen to all of the symptoms i gave them, and when they explained to me what "they said" was wrong, they had the sales guy tell me about it. Id rather hear it from a mechanic then a sales person.

Anyways, sorry im writing a book here. But any help or suggestions would be great, thank you everyone.