Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Found an L67 Engine on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Default Found an L67 Engine on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Is this the entire engine?

Because I am all too familiar with Morad's Motor's on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-8l-...Q5fAccessories

But his are priced at a ridiculously expensive cost.

Am I looking at the same thing here or am I missing some parts besides the wiring from the first link?

edit: Well I spoke with the company itself and yes everything I would need is included, however... I'm basically just ordering the engine itself, things like the intake, pulleys, etc aren't under warranty and I would have to assume they're trash and I would need to replace them.
What should I do in this case?

I work for NAPA's Distribution Center so I get 50% off on almost every part you could imagine so replacing these for a cheap price wont be an issue, but I'm just curious if it would be worth it in the end?

Any ideas/insight/comments are greatly appreciated, thanks!

oh and I just got my 98 Monte Z34 painted a glossy black from it's original read... cost me $2200 since I changed the entire color and I went to a pretty good painter. I'll post some picks up later.

Last edited by SirBoxer03; 10-21-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

what exactly are you asking? you want to know if its worth the upgrade?
if your looking for more power then sure its worth the upgrade.
you dont have to assume all parts are bad, there was under 30k miles on that engine. it could be all fine.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
what exactly are you asking? you want to know if its worth the upgrade?
if your looking for more power then sure its worth the upgrade.
you dont have to assume all parts are bad, there was under 30k miles on that engine. it could be all fine.
Well yeah I know about the huge upgrade to the L67 is... I've been looking for a decent priced one for a while now...
The thing is, is that I was told by the company that I would have to assume all the parts on the engine are bad since it's been rebuilt I'm assuming...

Old 10-23-2010, 10:14 PM

The thing is, is that I was told by the company that I would have to assume all the parts on the engine are bad since it's been rebuilt I'm assuming...
For such a high price for just the engine, and them claiming "under 35,000 miles", I wouldn't assume its been rebuilt- or even think that anything major would be bad as far as accessories and such go. Seems silly to pay so much for an L67 and still assume everything is bad, you know? Does their warranty cover the SC?

Old 10-24-2010, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
For such a high price for just the engine, and them claiming "under 35,000 miles", I wouldn't assume its been rebuilt- or even think that anything major would be bad as far as accessories and such go. Seems silly to pay so much for an L67 and still assume everything is bad, you know? Does their warranty cover the SC?
You have a good point, and I am not sure but I'll get back to you on that and find out.

Also, are you ever going to post another Youtube video up? I would love to see your Monte in action or at least see what's up with it.