Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

4th Gen ('81-'88): Engine/transmission swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 06:03 AM

Good information once again, i cant get to it at the moment, currently deployed but will be home in a few days and i will do that lol i appreciate that, never even thought of that. Thank you

Old 12-03-2016, 09:06 AM
Default Wtf.

Well finally got home, i have a list of things to ask..

I was told by my buddy who picked the Monte up for me, that it had barely any heat, upon returning to Alaska i discovered it has no heat. I went ahead and bought the heater core but trying to see if yall know of any other reason i might not have heat before i go through the hassle of changing the core by myself for the first time ever..

Second, i decided to get out on the highway today since those are the only roads clear of ice and snow, broke her wide open and got up to 65 with throttle to the floor and it started backfiring like crazy, first instinct was to check plugs and wires but theyre all new. Motor and transmission run strong, just not when i floor her. Dont understand why shed backfire like she did.

Third, after the backfire i took her home and let her sit in the garage(heated) and went out to crank her up to just check on her after the episode and she wouldnt start for like ten minutes. Choke light kept showing up as id crank so i played with the choke a lil bit, finally she cranked up but idled real hard for a few and blew a lot of exhaust out and choked me out in the garage as the door was open. Let her warm up and she calmed down but the idle was a bit high so i tweaked the choke a lil more and shes purring good but theres a weird clicking noise, seems to be coming from the muffler area. Dont know.

Fourth, after i shut her down and let her sit for a few more hours, went to go smoke and just was looking at the motor and seen a small but fresh oil spot on the floor underneath.

I dont know whats going on with her at all and im definitely not a know it all when it comes to motors so any help is definitely appreciated.

Uploading a few photos, the wire hanging from the carb is literally just wrapped around a piece of it and idk whats going on there. Yall got a clue?