Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

emr diag

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 PM
tg3
Default emr diag

does anyone have any info on how to diag. the emr module on 1980 monte carlo vin.engine code 3 it has the 3.8 turbo buick engine. it is also an early build ,doesnt have any computers only the emr module and knock sensor i'm getting 12volt on all 4 wires going to the dist. from the emr when disconnected and getting no spark with the 4wire connector, connected to the dist. if i jumper the green wire to the black on the dist side i get spark. i know the white wire is to control the timing.but does it use 12volt from the emr,or does the emr ground the icm in the dist. the brown wire in the connecter brings ground to the emr. and my 12volt source to the emr is good. ithink by jumpimg the green to the black terminals on dist side im putting the dist module in bypass mode. there is also a blue and ground wire in the emr for the knock sensor. the dist does have vacuum advance and cent. advance and a 5pin connector ign module.thanks for any help.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>