Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Does any Member have a bottle on their Monte ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Default RE: Does any Member have a bottle on their Monte ?

Space - Babies use the bottle. Your a man, go out and get blown.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 PM

If only they made a kit where that would be possible, Dan. At least with nitrous one can choose yes or no...or choose to get24 mpg. or who cares.

I'm sorry, there's something that is so much more exciting to me when nitrous is purged, versus hearing a whistle in the engine.... Plus, you can choose when to display the power..... hmmm.... all this about choice... seriously, I'm not a control freak, honestly I'm not!

Old 09-13-2007, 12:15 AM

I just don't like having to refill the bottle all the time. With turbos you still keep the good gas milage as well.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Yeah, but look at the prohibitive cost! You're talking 3k for a basic turbo kit... then at least another grand to have itinstalled (custom headers/intake anyone). Then you're talking tuning.... not gonna be cheap.Then any car with that kit is gonna be producing that much more power you're gonna have to get a HD tranny, so another 3 k at least.

Get the bottle, keep the stock trans (just watch it carefully) and go.... A supercharger install is going to be cheaper than a turbo, because there's not any custom exhaust work to do, but it's still going to be much more expensive than a bottle, and harder to tune than nitrous...

Old 11-15-2007, 09:56 AM

You can choose when to display the power without nitrous. Yes, a turbo/supercharger kit would cost more at first, but it's not a reoccuring cost. Most turbo kits sell with everything you need such as intercooler, injectors, things of that nature. There is such a thing called a boost controller for turbos. Most N/A vehicles that getting blown only boost 4-5 pounds. Superchargers are pulley driven. Bigger the pulley, lower the boost. Again these kits tend to come with everything you need to install and run safely. I wouldn't imagine it would be good for buisness if as soon as you bought a F/I kit, it blows your motor so I'm sure they're tested. It's all a matter of preference, do you want to fill the bottle all the time? Or do you want to run it and not worry about it?

Old 11-15-2007, 09:30 PM

DUMB-A-S-S

Find a turbo kit for ANY Monte that includes all ur talkin about.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:10 PM

Oh, and for those reading this... I know this Shayne in real life... and he won't take offense to that...

if they made a simple kit that's not cost-prohibitive and all-inclusive, wouldn't we all have it?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:01 PM

I for one would defiantly be looking at getting a kit like that, if only it was available... I might look into some nitrous, although I think I would rather have a twin-turbo but that is well out of reach at the moment.

Hey Mike, did you wire your amp to the battery post? If so where did you go through the firewall at? I'm planning on hooking up my amp and subs this weekend but can't figure out where I want to go through the firewall.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 AM

Honestly, if your that worried about cost, buy a welder and some aluminized steel pipe. A buddy of mine built a tubular manifold for his '92 Talon and it turned out great. But if you ARE worried about cost, then your not going to want to fill a bottle all the time. http://www.cartuning.ca/turbo_kits/i...or+Monte+Carlo Theres a page for turbo kits for MCs. Besides, your car is under warrenty... Anyway, if you wanna boost... why not see if there's anything that swaps off a GTP? At the very least, you could probably steal the higher flow fuel injectors. You can find a front mount intercooler on ebay (people have run them into the deep 11s at least.), Find what size turbo fits your application, make some pipes, get the ecu tuned. It's alot of work, but it's not impossible. Besides, if there were no pioneers, there would be no innovation.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Shayne_GSX

Besides, if there were no pioneers, there would be no innovation.
Hi Shayne
Great post, and I really like your above word/statement above
Is your GSX a `Turbo ? All wheel Drive ?
Those Eclipse's can be a wild ride : )
I just drove a friend's 07 GT 6sp/ Wild ride : )
Look forward to your future posts.
`Space

Quick Reply: Does any Member have a bottle on their Monte ?