Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Distributor issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Default Distributor issue

I'm planning on buying a Monte Carlo, but some one took the distributor out and there are no marks, how hard will it be to re time the engine, it's a 305 in it, and I plan to swap in a 350 later on down the road, but I want to get this one running

Old 10-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow lol, going to take a lot of adjustments but shouldn't be to difficult. You plan on doing it yourself?
Originally Posted by Robmay513
I'm planning on buying a Monte Carlo, but some one took the distributor out and there are no marks, how hard will it be to re time the engine, it's a 305 in it, and I plan to swap in a 350 later on down the road, but I want to get this one running

Old 10-14-2016, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Robmay513
Well, as long as nothing else was touched, you have to find top dead center first and go from there.

Do you have a timing light?