Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

DHP Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:46 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default DHP Tuner?

Can somebody tell me where to find a DHP Tuner? I looked on ZZPerformance and 3800performance and can't find them. Am I missing something? I would appreciate some help.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Default RE: DHP Tuner?

www.wbodystore.com has them i dont know why 3800performance stoped carring them becaue i was going to get one from them and then they stopped carring it.
also www.pfyc.com has them

Old 06-09-2007, 04:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

thanks

Old 06-15-2007, 09:57 PM

I would actually pass them up now. for $100 more you can get the HP tuners and it is more flexible.

I'm also biased. I just got the shaft with the DHP company and am switching to HPTuners.

http://www.hptuners.com/

Old 06-16-2007, 03:05 PM

what they do to you?
they have been good to me

Old 06-17-2007, 08:13 AM

I have never heard anything bad about the DHPtuners but the HPtuners i have heard that you can't do as much with them and that those are normaly hard to use on a modified car

Old 06-18-2007, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: z34phoenix

what they do to you?
they have been good to me
Added 3.5* of KR and everytime I try to contact them I get blown off. 3 unreturned emails, and one that basically said "tough rocks, next time you will buy the full tuner and not just a reprogrammed PCM." They wouldn't even consider giving me a discount even though I got it through 3800 Performance and DHP did the programming in the first place.

Rob at 3800 Performance couldn't do anything either. DHP seems to have a very poor customer support in that I can pay to send the PCM again and wait 3 weeks to get it back, but it will have the same programming. I even sent copies of my scans to show them a history.

I also sent a final email to them earlier today that also included my last scan so I have a before, after, octane boost, and 110 octane that shows that the problem is true KR. I don't expect them to answer me in one day, and with their track record I doubt if they will answer at all, but I can only try.

In the end it really is my fault for trusting a generic PCM, but I would figure at the least it would have lowered my KR from 4 to 3 but not raise to to 7.5!!! That's just unacceptable in my book.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 PM

To follow up I normally don't take companies to task. There have been a few but only when their attitude is so blatant anti-customer.

When you tell someone that your product is going to improve a specific item " - Reduces spark retard (knock retard)" You need to deliver on it. If it doesn't work, then you work to resolve the problem, not ignore the consumer or in my case, suggest to me I should have purchased a complete programmer and not just trust their DHP v 1.0 program.

Don't get me wrong, they didn't say it in so many words as it was more like- "If you would have purchased a programmer instead of a PCM, you would have saved some money"

To me that: A. - doesn't fix the problem one bit and B. They told me that I shouldn't trust their software as in our standard generic programming that should help everyone but even though it made your's much worse, we are not going to assist you.

They also mentioned that they don't offer price breaks even if you forward them your reciept that says you purchased their software (DHP v.1.0) even if you show them indisputable proof their product damages your vehicle.

I can't stand draconian attitudes like that. I've done customer service for over 17 years and their simply isn't any excuse for it. With the mods I had before it should have reduced KR, which it did in the past - I went from 4.5 to 4 degrees by adding the rockers and headers. I add the programmer and it jumps to 7.5!!! And then they tell me I should buy their programmer and refuse to help me. Hell no.

My dad taught me a good phrase when I was about 10 - screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me. I am sooo not going to get shafted or support this company again.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:34 PM

Hello to Cowboy6622. I have a DHP programmer for sale.$325.00 and i will pay shipping. The programmer was used for my 04 Monty that I recently sold. All the cables and .bin files on a cd to be included. If your interested e-mail me at dpoynter5@comcast@yahoo.com.
The programmer has always worked well and the DHP 1.5 bin file is included on the disk.
Although that file is for a 04 Monty SS Supercharged(a Dale Earnhardt Jr. Edition).

Old 07-28-2010, 07:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The post is 3 years old! Cowboy is all grown up to a Cowman now and doesn't care if his car is fast anymore! He only loves his Torino

Quick Reply: DHP Tuner?