Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Bigger Supercharger??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Default Bigger Supercharger??

Hey there,

i was wondering if any of you knew if there was a bigger supercharger for my 04 monte carlo ss supercharged. If anyone knows about any mods let me know!

Old 11-30-2009, 03:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum:

Take a look at this thread https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10942

And under L67 which is the engine you have.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:08 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Whipple!!!

Old 11-30-2009, 05:20 PM

Whipple it, dude! lol.
http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/...NEW!-p-25.html

They are out os stock right now. Who even makes this SC anyway?

Old 11-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Whipple set-ups are pretty much a custom thing and that's why hardly anyone runs them.

For the price to get a whipple to work you could have turbo'd your engine.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Is your blower running a 2.55 pulley? If not, there's no need for you to get a bigger blower.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:56 PM

Heck, he could go twin Turbo for the money he'll spend doing all the mods he's gotta do before even buying the Whipple!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:03 PM

Bigger supercharger or more flowing supercharger?

The basic M90 will be good for some good mods then you can mod the M90 itself. One of the nice things about the M90 is that you can keep going down in pulley sizes as long as you have supporting mods. And when you think your M90 is not doing it anymore you can always port it. After that if you have done more mods and still want more out of it you can buy a plate from one of the stores to convert your M90 to a hybrid M112 rotors in the M90 case. Which the M112 rotors are better then the M90 but if you want to start another path you can just start out with a gen 5 and start from there or you can whipple it.

Personally if you are just starting out with mods the M90 will be a good bet until you reach the point of serious strip car :P

I hope this helps.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:04 PM

i was wondering if any of you knew if there was a bigger supercharger for my 04 monte carlo ss supercharged. If anyone knows about any mods let me know!
You have 4 feasible options if you want a 'bigger supercharger' (assuming you mean positive displacement):

-M112 hybrid (this uses an extension plate on your current supercharger to use the M112's longer rotors in your case)

-MP112, this is a complete replacement blower and is the next step up in size from your current M90- however, the adaptor pieces used for this have not been made for a long time (I believe they were part of an IC- Intense used to sell the setups)

-2.2L Kenne Bell blowzilla- I believe there is only one set of adaptor plates floating around, this was used on the Intense Bonneville which has since been sold on clubgp- it may pop up again for sale

-2.3L whipple (what was posted in the link above)- this is probably the least rare setup of those above, but its still pretty rare- I don't think there are more than maybe 20 or 30 setups in the States (a lot more in Australia). WBS will never sell these again- however, I can give you a list of exactly what you need to make this work if you're seriously interested- and you can buy 90% of the parts brand new without waiting for a used set to come up. The original plates were made by Animul.

As said above, if you don't have any other mods currently- then you have a lot more power and mods to add first.

Who even makes this SC anyway?
Whipple makes the whipple supercharger- you can buy it direct from them; obviously minus the adaptor kit.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:54 PM

Is your blower running a 2.55 pulley? If not, there's no need for you to get a bigger blower.
That's absolutely not true. You can and will make more power with a more efficient supercharger, at equal and sometimes even at lower boost levels.

The best supercharger "upgrade" for L67s in my opinion is replacing your Generation III M90 with a Generation V M90. Even ported Gen IIIs don't perform as well as box stock Gen Vs- the Gen V is a more efficient supercharger with a proven record of making more power than the Gen III, it's an easy swap, and it sounds great too.

Quick Reply: Bigger Supercharger??