Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

the big build.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Default the big build.....

lol now that everyone is looking.....the plan is for this coming weekend. the included pictures are of what i have to install in the vehicle in my profile. everything has been measured a million times and it will fit without any mods or removing and critical parts. all the flanges for the supercharger, intake manifold, throttle body and inlet on the sc are being custom made out of billet aluminum at Zeglin Performance Machines in Windber, PA. along with all of the mounting brackets and 3 different sizes of modular pulleys. i didnt want to get anyones hopes up until i knew i was going to do this. and bumpin96monte has been my sole source of info on the installation of a supercharger. from what i can tell it will be the only 3400 monte with a roots supercharger. it will be a 2.55 pulley to start and possibly down the road a bit smaller. since its front mounted i will be running a CRY02 intake and a snow performance water/meth injection setup to kill the heat from the exhaust manifold. let me know what you guys think.....should be exciting....

Attached Thumbnails the big build.....-superch.jpg   the big build.....-tcetb.jpg   the big build.....-intpiping.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 10:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Sounds like an awesome project. You know how many people would be interested in a kit to supercharge the 3400. I bet if you could get a few of those made you could make some $$$.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 PM

the included pictures are of what i have to install in the vehicle in my profile.
What supercharger is that? A gen 1 M90? Looks like its out of an early 90s Bonneville or something.

and bumpin96monte has been my sole source of info on the installation of a supercharger
I wouldn't say that, lol- I thought you were set on going CSC anyways?

from what i can tell it will be the only 3400 monte with a roots supercharger.
Only 3400 monte- probably, but there have been a lot of other roots supercharged 3400's, I just happened to run across these pics in my various saved pics folders real quick (I think I have more somewhere)- maybe they will help? Two very different ways to do the same thing on a 3400:

it will be a 2.55 pulley to start and possibly down the road a bit smaller.
With that tiny pulley- I'm betting this is an M62 off a series I 3800? (I think stock they came in 2.5" and later a 2.8" SC pulley)

Any reason you didn't go with a gen 3 M90 like off a gtp?

since its front mounted i will be running a CRY02 intake and a snow performance water/meth injection setup to kill the heat from the exhaust manifold.
So I take it you're going to remote mount it like the GA pick I had above? If so, it would be nice if you could do an Air-Air intercooler- you'd get some really nice temperature drops with that. Not sure how much it would hurt the responsiveness.

Good luck w/ the project!

Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 PM

everytime i see the sunfire pic i smile.
OP goodluck with this. when are you planning on having it up and running?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:31 PM

hopefully by thursday next week. thanks for all the support guys

Old 03-22-2010, 10:51 PM

looks awesome. keep us posted.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:47 PM

well i do have an update. as of right now im just waiting for my cowl to go on the hood. then we can install everything

Old 03-23-2010, 08:53 PM

wont fit with the factory hood.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i hate you!!! haha i told mike at milzy to make a kit for it but he told me that he already has the turbo and it doesnt take as long to spool as i may think.

i really want a supercharger but cant find one...whats the horsepower numbers going to look like after this?

did i mention i hate you?

Old 03-23-2010, 08:58 PM

lol thanks trewyn and im hoping for mid to high 200s after i do the injectors. and whats gonna **** u off more is that mikes doin the tune for my car once everythings installed. sorry buddy

oh and, monteman, no its not even close with the factory hood lol

Quick Reply: the big build.....