Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

anyone read my tune?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 PM

As said above- if you're 11.3 AFR at the shift point, I don't see how you could be running out of fuel- due to the pump or filter. If you were starving for fuel for some reason- that AFR should be going leaner (ie heading towards 13s, 14s AFR at WOT).
I totally agree. "Optimal" AFR for supercharged 3800s is generally considered to be in the 11.7x range. "Safer" AFR is generally considered to be in the 11.5x range. Your 11.13 could be considered "Super Safe", since it's pretty rich.

I hope you get it sorted. Again, how much KR are we talking about here? Are you sure it's real KR and not torque management (which shows as KR when your scanning)?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope you get it sorted. Again, how much KR are we talking about here? Are you sure it's real KR and not torque management (which shows as KR when your scanning)?
how could i tell if it was just torque management?

dunno if it will be any help, but my narrowband 02 reading from my aeroforce gauge shows 14.70 almost all the time.

well, then i dunno what to do.
you guys say my fueling is fine, so im gonna stick with it. not gonna replace the pump, maybe just get a new filter and test it. see if maybe i just got a crappy filter.
im gonna go with an intercooler. 9LB's of boost is a lot more that i expected to make. maybe its too much for my setup now, and an intercooler will kill the KR. im gonna try that. i was planning on intercooling it since i got the supercharger, so this kills 2 birds with one stone (hopefully).

if this doesnt work, im gonna check out the fuel system next. turbo tim says that the L36 pumps are pretty weak for supercharged systems running decent boost w/ 33LB injectors.

on another note, could the cold starts im seeing be caused by a bad flash on my pcm from zzp? i have a 72mm TB that runs a 98 MAF. what if they flashed it for a 99 and up MAF? could that have anything to do with my cold start misfires and RPM's going up/down? only happens for like 30 seconds though.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:49 AM

how could i tell if it was just torque management?
View your torque management settings in your PCM- if your KR is matching your torque management settings exactly, well, it's probably just torque management.

For example, the first time I did a burnout in my SS M90 car my car immediately jumped to 5 and then to 9- thought I blew something up- later I realized it was just torque management doing it's job.

dunno if it will be any help, but my narrowband 02 reading from my aeroforce gauge shows 14.70 almost all the time.
That's normal for idle or light throttle driving. Where were you getting the 11.13 AFR from? What are you seeing at WOT- 11.13 right?

im gonna go with an intercooler. 9LB's of boost is a lot more that i expected to make. maybe its too much for my setup now, and an intercooler will kill the KR. im gonna try that. i was planning on intercooling it since i got the supercharger, so this kills 2 birds with one stone (hopefully).
Not a bad idea.

on another note, could the cold starts im seeing be caused by a bad flash on my pcm from zzp? i have a 72mm TB that runs a 98 MAF. what if they flashed it for a 99 and up MAF? could that have anything to do with my cold start misfires and RPM's going up/down? only happens for like 30 seconds though.
I don't trust the PCM that ZZP sent you. With my SS M90 kit, they shipped me the wrong PCM- the car wouldn't even run- it was flashed with a .bin for a 2005 Monte Carlo SS with the wrong VIN and totally different parameters (MAF, injectors, etc) and the car wouldn't even run. I sent it back to them and they sent me the "correct" PCM- the "correct" PCM made the car really hard to start, made it stall, and made it generally run terribly.

You really need HP Tuners. It'll make this whole process SO much easier for you.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

good to know about the torque management. imma have my shop check that out, and also check if the pcm settings that zzp did match whats actually on the car. my shop is doing the tuning using HP tuners. i'll ask them about it all.

the 11.13AFR is from the dyno run. i believe that was after they did the initial tune to it.
14.70 is what my narrowband o2 says almost all the time when driving, but at WOT it starts going lower, into the 13's. I have yet to see the scan from the tuner to see what my o2 values are

im curious about that torque management because my shop changed the tune a little so i wouldnt see so much KR, so its not at its peak right now. if thats the case, i should be seeing much better #'s.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM

you guys say my fueling is fine, so im gonna stick with it. not gonna replace the pump, maybe just get a new filter and test it. see if maybe i just got a crappy filter.
I wouldn't really put too much into anyone's advice on here yet, since we really have no actual data other than the handful of oddball bits and pieces you've given us.

In order for our help to be really 'helpful', we need some sort of scan data.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:36 PM

14.70 is what my narrowband o2 says almost all the time when driving, but at WOT it starts going lower, into the 13's. I have yet to see the scan from the tuner to see what my o2 values are
14.7 is what you'll be at in regular driving/idling/waddever.

Once you get into power enrichment (PE)- which should happen at 35% TPS at MOST for a boosted L36- you should be in the 11s AFR wise. If your WOT and still in the 13s AFR, then you've got fuel problems.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

the dyno scan is the only scan i have, but you are more than welcome to read it. i will have to email to you both though, scan depot isnt set up for this type of scan. PM me your email addy's and i will send it out to you. i promise no spam! haha.

im trying to get my other scan from my shop, he's just been a little busy. He would send me the scan from the HP tuner. thanks guys.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 AM

Dropped you a PM

Old 08-21-2009, 08:02 AM

Took a look at your tune...I wish there were a few more columns (TPS %, cylinder airmass, injector duty cycle, some others), but I think it was VERY clear that you are NOT running out of fuel! You are running super rich at WOT from what I could see.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

hmmm, ok thanks.

just got the intercooler yesterday, got the heat exchanger installed working on the rest next. thanks for everything guys, keep ya updated after the intercooler gets fully installed