Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

allways wanted to ask

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation allways wanted to ask

what is the base hp on the 07 3500 i allways wanted to ask and what is the difference between the 3800 and the 3900? what are all three engine codes between the three expeceally mine the 3500 and what can i do with? i have intake from mdp exaughst from flowmaster and the hood from mdp and have a good sound system i just want the go with the show have it half way there dont want to change the motor it is been really good to me this is my second monte and i like it but would like to do a little more with the go like set the limiter for the speed sensor higher than 107 to 125 but i dont want to hurt the tranny with out progam to back every thing

Old 03-10-2009, 10:39 PM

holy chit man use some punctuation that was really hard to read! anywho what engine codes are u talking about? and when u say the difference between the 3800 and the 3900 what do u mean?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:36 AM

holy chit man use some punctuation that was really hard to read!
He doesn't care- we've tried in other threads. Maybe when he realizes that no one is really going to help him typing like that, then he'll quit typing like he's 12 years old.

Originally Posted by monte07
what is the base hp on the 07 3500
http://www.automotive.com/2007/12/ch...ons/index.html

211 HP

what is the difference between the 3800 and the 3900?
Everything... Well, maybe they share the same coilpacks, but thats about all I can think of....

Oh, that and the 3800 has an aftermarket, and the 3900 has none- so:

3800 > 3900 :p

Old 03-11-2009, 12:37 AM

Kweef is right. The lack of punctuation in the original post makes it almost completely incoherent. I'm not exactly a stickler for grammar and punctuation but that many words in one block without any separation makes my brain hurt.

I was determined to try to decipher it anyways, and answer what I can.
Here goes:

what is the base hp on the 07 3500 i allways wanted to ask
The 3500 V6 is rated at 211hp and 220ft*lbs torque for the 2007 Monte Carlo. (quoted from Wikipedia)

and what is the difference between the 3800 and the 3900?
The 3800 is a 3.8L 90* OHV V6. The 3900 is a 3.9L 60* OHV V6 with variable valve timing. As per wikipedia, the normally aspirated 3800 is rated at 200hp and 225ft*lbs, the supercharged 3800 is rated at 240hp and 280ft*lbs, and the 3900 is rated at 240hp and 245ft*lbs.

what are all three engine codes between the three expeceally mine the 3500
I'm not quite clear about what you mean by the engine codes, but if you mean the production code for the engine then; the 3500 is LZE, the 3900 is LZ9, and the 5.3L V8 is the LS4.

and what wcan i doith? i have intake from mdp exaughst from flowmaster and the hood from mdp and have a good sound system i just want the go with the show have it half way there dont want to change the motor it is been really good to me this is my second monte and i like it but would like to do a little more with the go
You kinda lost me there. I can't quite tell what you're trying to ask, but I am assuming that based on some of your other posts that you are asking what you can do to your stock motor for more power?
Not much as far as the 3500 as far as I know. The 3500 was mostly used in the base level cars, and the performance models of each car (eg. the Monte Carlo SS) got much bigger engines.
Therefore, there won't be nearly as much of an aftermarket for the 3500 since it would be easier to start hotrodding the V8. They make 100 more hp out of the box, and have the potential to make much more horsepower more easily than a V6.
I believe that Milzy Motorsports (http://www.milzymotorsports.com/) does work on the 3500 V6. Check out his site, and you can get his email from there for any questions you might have about what you can do beyond the mods you already have.

like set the limiter for the speed sensor higher than 107 to 125 but i dont want to hurt the tranny with out progam to back every thing
I would imagine that there is either a handheld tuner, or tuning software that works for your car. HPTuners supports the 3900, so I imagine that it would support the 3500. You might want to check into that.
Any tuner would let you raise the speed limiter to whatever you wanted. I'm not sure what you mean about hurting the tranny by raising the speed limiter, but if you're driving at speeds of over 107mph on a regular basis, then wear and tear on the transmission should be the least of your worries.

Good luck with the search.
-Riggs.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:05 AM

well translated everyone, I attempted to understand but just couldnt stay focused. But reading over everyones answers I learned a lot. So thanks monte07 for confusing everyone to answer harder. Great dedication guys, I love this site lol

Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 AM

i wouldn't really see the need to bump up the speed limiter to 125mph unless you are at the drag strip and with our 3.5s, that won't happen anyways, haha! plus i hope you have tires rated to go that fast. i've maxed out the speed limiter only once so far in having my monte for a little over a year now.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

sisnt know i. had to add a period. in every two words thats kind of hipocritical.bumpin and kweef isnt kweef anouther form of a fart real original kweef beeing called 12.bumin thats messed up i am going threw physical theripy for my hands sort of fd them in an accedent. the two finger approch is hard to do.when your hands hurt like hell. what i mean l67 is one of the engine code is what i am talking about what is l67? and what is mine and the punctuation is fd up look at yours the only ones that actually helped me are the ones who didnt make fun of.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 AM

alright well we didnt know that it was difficult for u...so i apologize. the l67 is the supercharged 3.8 v6 that you see in the intimidator version on the 6th gen monte. the non s/c 3.8 is the l36 and your 3.5 is the lx9.

and your right about my name

Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 PM

sisnt know i. had to add a period. in every two words thats kind of hipocritical.bumpin and kweef isnt kweef anouther form of a fart real original kweef beeing called 12.bumin thats messed up i am going threw physical theripy for my hands sort of fd them in an accedent. the two finger approch is hard to do.when your hands hurt like hell. what i mean l67 is one of the engine code is what i am talking about what is l67? and what is mine and the punctuation is fd up look at yours the only ones that actually helped me are the ones who didnt make fun of.
hope you are feeling better soon monte07. we are just asking for you to make it easier for us to read your posts by using punctuation, spaces etc so we can understand what it is you are trying to say. nobody is perfect obviously but everyone on here is ready and willing to help anyone out if efforts are made on both ends. please don't take offense to this, just trying to help out.

sounds like you have a great ride. i wish i had the funds for the mpd hood and intake. they are pretty sweet imo. might be getting the intake once i save up more $$. later bud.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:38 PM

bumin thats messed up i am going threw physical theripy for my hands sort of fd them in an accedent. the two finger approch is hard to do.when your hands hurt like hell.
Here's the thing- you can somehow manage to type 50+ words, but you can't manage to reach over an hit the enter key at the end of a thought, or the period at the end of a sentence?

You'd save yourself time and typing by just being more straightforward with your questions. Take this for example, here is your original post with all the extra crap deleted, and the only thing added were 3 presses of the enter key. So you'd save 100 key presses, and only add 3- and get better responses to boot:

what is the base hp on the 07 3500

what is the difference between the 3800 and the 3900?

what are all three engine codes between the three?

would like to do a little more with the go like set the limiter for the speed sensor higher than 107 to 125 but i dont want to hurt the tranny with out progam to back every thing
I'm not trying to be mean about it, I'm just trying to help you get people to actually read and understand what you're saying, so you can actually get decent responses.

Quick Reply: allways wanted to ask