Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

454 Monte Carlo

Old 10-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Default 454 Monte Carlo

Hey guys, I currently own an 87 MonteSS that I have been restoring for the past three years and I'm finally hitting the home stretch!!!! I swapped in engine and trans from a 97 gmc dually(chevy 7.4 454) I converted it over to carb because I always loved that old school american muscle carb sound

My question is what do you guys think it will run on the quarter mile? The motor has a victor jr intake, Holley double pumper 750 cfm carb, slightly bigger then stock cam(not much of a difference),b&m street/strip shift kit, posi 3.73 rear on radials. true dual straight pipes. Everything else is stock. Also what power numbers do you guys think im looking at with this current set up? Any other input on performance parts would be appreciated

Old 12-10-2015, 05:33 PM

you'll be lucky if it matches the stock numbers. you put a lot of wieght in that car. every 100 lbs. slows you down 2 tenths. you've put about 400 lbs. alone in the car with just the eng. swap.

Search this Thread