Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

427 ZL Anniversary Crate Motor : ) WoW

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 427 ZL Anniversary Crate Motor : ) WoW

[align=center]Dear `Santa, it's me again `Space, could you please add this to my wishlist, Thank You very much : )[/align][align=center]No Way `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]and please stop sending me all those emails. `Santa[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
427 ZL-1 Anniversary Crate Motor

[:-] [:-] [:-] [:-][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]All Photos In 427 ZL-1 Anniversary Crate Motor Gallery[/align][align=center]Click on Images[/align][align=center][:-]
See all galleries
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Check this out, from autoblog.com
In the late 1960s the ultimate muscle cars were the ZL-1 Camaros and Corvettes. The full racing motor featured an all aluminum block and cylinder heads and could be ordered as an option in 1969 on the Corvette or as a COPO (Central Office Production Order) on the Camaro. Because of the huge price of the engine, only two Corvettes and 69 Camaros were ordered with the ZL-1. Although the motor was officially rated at 430 horsepower and 450 lb-ft torque, independent tests showed upwards of 525 horsepower.Motor Trendtested a ZL-1 at the track with drag slicks in 1968 and pulled off a 10.89 @ 130 mph. It’s easy to see why the ZL-1 name is legendary.
Now, using the recently-discovered tooling that was used to build the original engines, GM Performance Parts is offering a new anniversary e

Old 11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Default RE: 427 ZL Anniversary Crate Motor : ) WoW

Agree if I could get that for christmas. I'll find a car to put that in. I'll make it fit in one of our older Mustang.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

lots of people odn't know it... but Ford made a 427 that (chevy people tend to disagree with this) more powerful than the Chevy 427.... it was more powerful than the 428 Cobra Jet and much more than the 429 Super (Slow) Cobra Jet

Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 PM

if a guy could do a RWD swap in a 5th gen....[8D]

BUT it would fit nice in me and my dad's 78 phoenix

i'll see if it's got a price or not tommorow.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

lots of people odn't know it... but Ford made a 427 that (chevy people tend to disagree with this) more powerful than the Chevy 427.... it was more powerful than the 428 Cobra Jet and much more than the 429 Super (Slow) Cobra Jet
[/align][align=center]Duane, - Cowboy -[/align][align=center]Do you have any facts/proof/information that proves the Ford 427[/align][align=center]is more powerful then the Chevy 427 ?[/align][align=center]If so, Please Post. I would love 2 read `it : )[/align]

Old 11-28-2007, 05:54 AM

`Santa, it's me again `Space
[align=center][:-]WoW [:-][/align]
LEAKED! Corvette ZR1 6.2L LS9 V8 sees light of day
Posted Nov 26th 2007 11:00PM by Drew Phillips
[:-]

We didn't think we would get a glimpse of it until January at the Detroit Auto Show, but Jalopnik has obtained official photographs of the LS9 V8 that will power the 2009 ZR1 Corvette. The images show that the LS9 is a supercharged version of the 6.2L LS3 V8 like we previously reported. One photo also illustrates in detail a unique integrated twin intercooler that sits atop the supercharger. While it may not have the official name, the blue accents on the engine cover hint at the "Blue Devil" moniker by which we referred the car for some time before switching to the official ZR1 name. While specifications haven't been released yet (we're guessing it will offer somewhere in the neighborhood of 650 HP), just seeing the images of the LS9 gets us even more excited for the ZR1's official debut in January.
[Source: Jalopnik, Digital Corvettes]

Gallery: Supercharged LS9 V8
[align=center][/align]

Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 AM

mmmm thats a sexy engine too. the PN's in your original post don't have anything listed for em yet. i'll keep my eye on it to find out what the prices are going to be.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 AM

[align=center]
[/align][align=center]
Ten Great Engines[/align]
[align=center][/align]
The History of Hot Rodding Has Seen Thousands of Great Engines. Here Are 10 of the Most Memorable.
[align=center][/align]
Click below link to view/read/pic's
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align][/align]

Old 11-28-2007, 07:34 AM

I found the below very interesting.
What do you think ?
Could this be done on a Monte Carlo V-6 ?
Post your thoughts : )
[/align]View Other Images From This Gallery[/align][align=center]

[/align][/align][align=center]At the International Motor Show (Cars) in Frankfurt, Volkswagen is presenting to the general public a groundbreaking innovation in the drive sector: The world’s first twinturbocharged FSI engine – the “Twincharger”. The compact 1.4 litre direct-injection engine develops 125 kW / 170 PS and has a maximum torque of 240 newton metres in the range from 1750 to 4500 rpm thanks to the combination of an exhaust turbocharger with a mechanically driven compressor. Furthermore, the “Twincharger” delivers a torque corresponding to a naturally aspirated engine of approximately 2.3 litres. And its fuel consumption is around 20 percent lower. [/align]Back to Combination Supercharger and Turbocharger for VW Golf GT

Old 11-28-2007, 07:46 AM

[align=center]`Space Dreams,[/align][align=center]Santa, hint/hint [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Top Ten Most Powerful Cars - They’ve Got The Power
Supercars, Topics[/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Member's, why one is on your `Dream List ?

There is something about the power behind the wheel of a car that can bring on a rush of adrenalin. Any car-crazy person will endorse that. While each individual will draw up his or her own list of favorites when it comes to the top ten most powerful road cars, there’s a generic list with today’s market in view that everyone will more or less concur with. Which cars, then, can feature in our top ten most powerful road car list? Money certainly counts, but a car comes second to a home, so here is a look at the most likely contenders: [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Ferrari

This is a no-brainer. The 612 bhp Ferrari 599 GTB model is a super car that can speed to a formidable 205 miles per hour, revving up from zero to 62 mph in about 3.7 seconds. That’s right. Combining superior engineering, aerodynamics and electronics into this good looker, Ferrari has done it again with their style, producing a car with beauty and brains.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Lamborghini

The Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 comes in next. This car brings solid force at 640 bhp and can do 211 mph. Going from zero to 62 mph in 3.4 seconds, it is the typical Lamborghini functional design. Lamborghini’s engineers and designers have tweaked the engine, the electronics, gearbox, suspensions, brakes and exhaust system to produce this power packed car. The beauty of this aggressive car comes from its new front and rear bumpers. The diffuser on the rear bumper houses the exhaust system terminal. The left side has a huge opening to cool the oil radiator. On the right side, the area behind the air intake is shut off. Aerodynamic is one way to describe this powerful car.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Pagani Zonda

Stunning looking, the Pagani Zonda F CS, where the F honors the famous five-time Formula 1 Champ Fangio, is a 650 bhp car that can move at 214 mph, achieving 62 mph in 3.6 seconds. Practically handcrafted by Pagani, the Zonda F has a carbon-fiber body, chassis and interiors. Its interiors are beautifully finished in minute detail featuring vents on naked carbon-fibre stalks, a jeweled instrument panel and specially crafted embroidered leather instrument panel with aircraft style switches. Probably the most expensive open car in the world, the Zonda F is coveted by all car enthusiasts.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mercedes Benz

[URL=http://www.automotoportal.com/photos/top-ten-most-powerful-

Quick Reply: 427 ZL Anniversary Crate Motor : ) WoW