Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

3800 `Turbo : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 3800 `Turbo : )

Cartuning Performance 3800 Turbo Kit
[font=arial][size=2]

3800 Performance is very excited to introduce the Cartuning Performance 3800 Turbo Kit, the first turbo kit on the market for the 3800 powered vehicles. We are currently offering this kit on a pre-order basis, with the expectation of first orders shipping to customers by 8/1/04.

We are taking pre-orders for the 1997–2003 naturally-aspirated 3800 L36 Grand Prix GT and Buick Regal LS models. Additional naturally-aspirated vehicles to follow in the near future are the Impala, Monte Carlo, and the V6 Camaro and Firebird.

The Cartuning Performance 3800 Turbo Kit has been in the works for the past 18 months, being extensively researched, developed, tested, and tuned. This kit wasn't just thrown together, and it shows! The kits come COMPLETE with everything needed, with expected installation time of less than 6 hours. The vehicle does not get modified in any way that does not allow it to go back to completely stock. All factory parts remain perfectly in tact with no cutting or modifications to the drivetrain or exhaust!

Now what everyone is wanting to know... on a completely stock L36 vehicle (which makes 160 HP on the dyno, 200 HP to the crank), the Cartuning Performance Stage 1 Turbo Kit makes 280 HP to the wheels and over 300 lb-ft of torque to the wheels. That is 350 HP to the crank, which is a 150 HP gain over stock!! How's that for one day's worth of work? The Stage 1 Kit is completely streetable, and is suitable for customers that want to bolt-on a turbo kit to a stock L36 vehicle that has little to no modifications and wants an exciting daily driver without having to modify it for months and months (sometime years!) only to get minimal performance gains. The Stage 1's turbo is good for up to 425 crank HP with additional supportive mods.

This is only the beginning though...

- For those needing more, you can upgrade the Stage 1 turbo to a custom-built Precision Turbo unit, which is capable of producing up to 700 crank HP!!

- A Stage 2 Kit is also being developed, for those customers that want to take their vehicles much further in the future, or that already have numerous mods that support more breathing. The stage 2 is currently being tested, but yet to be dyno tested. More info is forthcoming.

- Coming VERY soon is an adaptor plate to make the Turbo Kit work perfectly on a supercharged L67 Grand Prix GTP and Regal GS.

- Also coming soon is add-on front mount intercooler kit which will be a direct bolt on.

List of Components:

[ul][*][align=center]T04-B P trim Garrett turbo [/align][*][align=center]Turbonetics EVO wastegates w/ multiple psi settings [/align][*][align=center]Monza blow off valve (BOV) [/align][*][align=center]Custom-made Stainless Steel exhaust crossover assembly - mates perfectly to STOCK exhaust manifolds or WPI Ported Exhaust Manifolds (coming soon). Our custom crossover pipe is not a modified factory piece, but made from scratch with mandrel-bent 304 stainless “Y” pipe which eliminates cross pulse issues, and directs exhaust gas to the turbo very accurately. [/align][*][align=center]Custom-made mandrel bend tig-welded 2.5" stainless steel downpipe with u-bend removal [/align][*][align=center]Carsound high flow catalytic Converter - outlet bolts DIRECTLY to the STOCK exhaust system, Borla Exhaust, DynoMax Exhaust, or SLP Exhaust Systems [/align][*][align=center]Custom-made stainless steel intake pipe [/align][*][align=center]Brand new flow-matched Lucas/Delphi 42.5 lb/hr fuel injectors [/align][*][align=center][b]Custom Reprogrammed PCM (a $100 core-charge is added and is refunded upon return

Old 03-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Default RE: 3800 `Turbo : )

[/URL]
[align=center][/align]
[URL=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b98d5b29-1396-4ebd-be7e-9a530143638b.htm]3800 Turbo Monte Carlo
[align=center][/align]
60 seconds
[align=center][/align]
Views: 1,389
[align=center][/align]
Added: Mar 2, 2008
[align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align]
3.8L Monte Carlo SS --T3/T4 Innovative Turbo 50 trim Turbocharger --TiAL 38mm wastegate kit --2.5 Downpipe into Flowmaster Mufflers 40 Series Delta --Cold Air Intake --Custom Racing Tuned PCM --Max Boost 10lbs --Est ..360hp Soon to be put on dyno ( The video is From the 1st day getting the turbo on and the adapters for the new injectors were the wrong ones..soo new video of full throttle soon )
[align=center][/align]
HTML Code: 3800 Turbo Monte Carlo' name=ctl05$Media_VideoUserInfoHeader1$embedCodeID& gt; Forum Embed:
[align=center][/align]
[:-]Click 4 `vid [:-]
[align=center][/align][/align]

Old 03-11-2008, 11:34 AM

[align=center][:-]FactoryTurbocharged Monte Carlo [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Originally ordered with the rare * Buick LC8 3.8 V6 4-Bbl turbo engine option.

[/align]
Updated with the refined Buick LC2 3.8L V6 SFI Intercooled Turbo engine

[/align]
The overall appearance & performance is best described as a clean mid-sized sleeper coupe.

[/align][/align][align=center][:-]Click below to see more [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431338[/align]

Old 03-11-2008, 11:41 AM

[center]

Cartuning Performance 3800 Turbo Kit
Price: $3,099.99
Quantity in Cart: none
View Shopping Cart
Continue Shopping
Checkout Now

[font=tahoma][size=-1](Additional images of the kit can be found here)

Flat-Rate UPS Ground Shipping Rate: $100.00

APPLICATIONS:
- 1997-2006 Grand Prix GT
- 1997-2006 Grand Prix GTP
- 1997.5-2003 Regal LS
- 1997.5-2004 Regal GS
- 2000-2005 Monte Carlo SS
- 2000-2005 Impala SS
JUST ADDED!!- 2004 Monte Carlo SS
JUST ADDED!!- 2004 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS
JUST ADDED!!- 2000-2003 Impala LS
JUST ADDED!!- 2004 Impala LS
JUST ADDED!!- 2004 Impala SS

3800 Performance is very excited to introduce the Cartuning Performance 3800 Turbo Kit, the first turbo kit on the market for the 3800 powered vehicles. These kits are now shipping for TEN DIFFERENT MODEL TRIMS!!

The Cartuning Performance 3800 Turbo Kits are offered for several naturally-aspirated 3800 L36 vehicles AND 3800 L67 supercharged vehicles with our Conversion Kit which allows the turbo kit to adapt to the supercharged motor (more details below). We have also just recently added the option for Cartuning Performance's Air-to-Air Intercooler Kit (more details below)!

The Cartuning Performance 3800 Turbo Kit has been in the works for the past 18 months, being extensively researched, developed, tested, and tuned. This kit wasn't just thrown together, and it shows! The kits come COMPLETE with everything needed, with expected installation time of less than 6 hours. The vehicle does not get modified in any way that does not allow it to go back to completely stock. All factory parts remain perfectly in tact with no cutting or modifications to the drivetrain or exhaust!

Now what everyone is wanting to know... on a completely stock L36 vehicle (which makes 160 HP on the dyno, 200 HP to the crank), the Cartuning Performance Stage 1 Turbo Kit makes 280 HP to the wheels and over 300 lb-ft of torque to the wheels. That is 350 HP to the crank, which is a 150 HP gain over stock!! How's that for one day's worth of work? The Stage 1 Kit is completely streetable, and is suitable for customers that want to bolt-on a turbo kit to a stock L36 vehicle that has little to no modifications and wants an exciting daily driver without having to modify it for months and months (sometime years!) only to get minimal performance gains. The Stage 1's turbo is good for up to 425 crank HP with additional supportive mods.

This is only the beginning though...

- For those needing more, you can upgrade the Stage 1 turbo to a custom-built Precision Turbo unit, which is capable of producing up to 700 crank HP!!

- A Stage 2 Kit is also being developed, for those customers that want to take their vehicles much further in the future, or that already have numerous mods that support more breathing. The stage 2 is currently

Old 03-11-2008, 05:48 PM

The CT kit is pretty old, and I've heard there were some issues w/ it on cgp.

Personally I'd rather go with a zzp Z7 or stattama turbo kit myself.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

JUST ADDED!!- 2004 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS

What does a supercharged and turbocharged car feel like? Whew!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 PM

And just when you thought I was done.... Guess who's aiming for it in his car this fall? =)

Old 03-12-2008, 05:52 AM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

And just when you thought I was done.... Guess who's aiming for it in his car this fall? =)
I think it's a member that wants the best performing,
and most powerful Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
on the roads of the KeyStone State.
A man dedicated to getting the most that he can
from a 3.8L.
I think his name is `Keegan
I look forward to reading about his progress to perfection.
To seeing your awesome Monte runn'in in the 12's, 11's,
and maybe in2 to 10 second bracket : ) WoW
I envy his project, but I wish him the best.
Good Luck `Keegan, in reaching your goals.
`Space

Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: bumpin96monte

The CT kit is pretty old, and I've heard there were some issues w/ it on cgp.

Personally I'd rather go with a zzp Z7 or stattama turbo kit myself.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post what issue's that you've heard abouton the CT Kit ?[/align][align=center]Also, please let us know why you would go with[/align][align=center]ZZP Z7 or the Stattama Kit ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The more we know, the better we can choose/select[/align][align=center]the best product for the Monte Carlo: )[/align][align=center]Thanks, `Space[/align]

Old 03-12-2008, 04:24 PM

It's not necessarily the prodcut that is the issue. It's the support that clients demand of the owner once they receive the kit, and have amillion and 1 questions about how to put it together.

If you're a shadetree mechanic, you'll have no issues putting the kit together. Kevin (the owner) of Cartuning does amazing work for the local guys in my area, since they're local, and he installs the kit for them, and tunes it.

I've personally ran against a GTP with a intercooled and alky injected CT kit, stock motor (stock cam, stock rockers), stock manifolds, and he ran the same time as me, but was doing 8mph faster at the trap. He was doing 118mph to my 110. The only reason he didn't run a better time was because of the launch. He was on street tires, whereas I won't go to the track anymore without slicks.

Very good product, but be sure you know what you're doing when you put it together, and/or tune it yourself afterwards. The owner is running the show pretty much by himself, so there's not alot of ability to support clients 24/7 and hand hold them through the installation and troubleshooting. They're buying the product, not the support IMHO.

So, that would explain why people in the US are miffed about the "product" they got.

As for ZZP or Stattama's kits, I have heard great things about them. To me, a turbo is a turbo... slap it on, make sure it's tight and tuned, and strap yourself down for the ride, because you're going places... FAST.

Quick Reply: 3800 `Turbo : )