Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

1.0 ZZP pcm

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Default 1.0 ZZP pcm

soo i was looking into a pcm from zzp and i want some opinions from you guys....i have a cold air kit and cat-back exhaust, do you think my car would have any performance increase?* Any other tips or insight would help..Thank you

Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 PM

dont get it... I just bought one for a top swap I finished... this is what I have... "Disconnect the battery so the PCM completely resets, see if it starts up again for a few minutes. I had a very similar issue with a topswap on a monte carlo where it pissed off the security in the PCM, and it would run good for the first 5-10 minutes but then it would just start running like complete crap and eventually turn off completely and not restart. Reset the pcm and it started just fine and then would do the same thing. I ended up turning off the security in the PCM and it was fine after that. It threw all kinds of stupid codes too, maf, map, etc.... " I have an issue with my car now, I cant get it to start, have reset the PCM, etc. The car ran fine for 10 minutes now wont start. Im at a complete loss right now, and have to call ZZP to see whats up. I dont think their monte PCMs are quite up to snuff. That was a post from this thread...

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

Old 03-08-2009, 08:59 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

But thats a top swap, Im sure if youve done minor upgrades it could help by changing shift points and such.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 PM

but the security is standard. I still have a ZZP 1.0 PCM, my tables are just adjusted. There is something wrong with the security tables... You can give it a shot, but if you have the issues I had, you know why.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 AM
Default zzp pcm

You'd be better off finding someone local that knows how to tune the 3800 engines to just do a custom tune for you.

That way you would be downloading your exact PCM file from your car and adjusting it as needed.

It would also be tailored exactly to your car also, instead of a generic canned tune. Also, you can pick out exactly what you want to have changed.
Generally much cheaper as well (or should be).

-Riggs.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:49 AM

I'm prob gonna be ditchin my ZZP PCM for this as well... gotta find a guy local to do it for me. I've had nothing but problems since I did my top swap, and its all coming back to the PCM

Old 03-11-2009, 01:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know 1st hand that the security system is an issue in the Montes. Mine was the 1st one that Tim at ZZP had ever worked on. He ended up pulling the PCM and put a new one in, instead of loading the ZZP 1.o tune into the PCM while in the car. He tried one more time after that, and got no where. He did manage to get Keegan's (ExplosiveSoundz) to work, but it gave him fits, too. I haven't talked to Tim in about a year, but I know he has a passion against Monte PCMs, and it's the security issue.

So those with tuners, how do you get by this issue? Is this something that can be turned off in the factory radio? Is Onstar part of the problem? I just got an HP Tuner for my birthday, and intend on tweaking the tune I have, But I saw the frustration Tim had, and I want to know exactly how to get around the security issue.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:33 PM

Im workin on it right now. Im over on clubgp bustin some minds tryin to get it figured out, and from what I can see...

I think you just have to set VTD_Present_On_Car to 0? Not 100% sure haven't done it.

that should be what turns the security off. I need to borrow a PT for a couple days to finish my topswap, car wont start because of this... UGH. But yeah... ZZP 1.0 and monte carlo DO NOT get along.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:27 PM

When you do a personal tune via HP Tuners you pretty much don't have to worry about the security system.

I would go with a personal tune, give someone 50 bucks to do it for you and it will work much better than a custom tune.

I compared my DHP tune to the stock tune and there really wasn't THAT much difference. Some tweaks here and there, but nothing near a custom tune.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:37 PM

well HE can, I cant... have new injectors, top swap, and bypass actuator cable all programmed, just have a security problem... my tables are changed WAY too much... so we'll see what happens, looks like next friday Ill be gettin ahold of a programmer.

Quick Reply: 1.0 ZZP pcm