Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   07 SS ridding DOD (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/07-ss-ridding-dod-37651/)

77gp 07-10-2012 07:47 PM

07 SS ridding DOD

How is the best and cheapest way to get rid of this DOD system? Keep in mind I know nothing about tuners or what they really even are.:rotfl: I chatted with Sgt. Miller and he got a tuner but didn't think it supported the 07 model. That is really all I am after, but if they do more, that would be good too. So, all you pro's on here have any ideas for me? Speak in basics for me:) The reason I want to do this is I have new mufflers and they sound really good till the DOD kicks in and then it sounds like like SH!T. Thanks.

Leprechaun93 07-10-2012 07:53 PM

Im curious as to what it sounds like, i hear alot about how the car sounds good til dod kicks in. Make a vid:rotfl: As far as tuners and tuning goes i believe its a complicated process with alot to learn. Maybe get a canned tune for your car? Not sure if they make em for 7th gens or not

77gp 07-10-2012 08:05 PM

Keane, I have no idea what a canned tune is LOL. Also be kind of hard to make a vid and be able to hear it clearly while driving down the road.

monte carlo 3831 07-10-2012 08:12 PM

:: Overkill Motorsports ::

Try this site......:thumbsup:

zjerry 07-10-2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by 77gp (Post 476653)
Keane, I have no idea what a canned tune is LOL. Also be kind of hard to make a vid and be able to hear it clearly while driving down the road.

LINK::: Overkill Motorsports ::

Leprechaun93 07-10-2012 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by 77gp (Post 476653)

^ what chris posted is essentially what all the guys here call a canned tune. A business like overkill will either re program your cars computer or send you a computer thats programmed. Canned meaning they're usually all the same and not custom made for your car. Take a look at the site and i think you'll like what you see.:thumbsup:

77gp 07-10-2012 08:26 PM

Thanks guys, I checked the site. Could be an option. If I get wifes car done soon, I could just send them my computer and save 50 bucks and a trip to relearn a sensor at dealer. Turn around time is only 2 days. Maybe I shouldn't be driving around in drive, should that just be used for highway driving? 3rd gear enough for around town?

Leprechaun93 07-10-2012 08:36 PM

I'd say so, in the 5th gens we have P R N OD D 2 1. "D" suposidly to be used going 40 or less so yea around town. in my car being in D prevents the torque converter from locking and ofcourse it stops it from going into over drive

bumpin96monte 07-10-2012 11:06 PM

The reason I want to do this is I have new mufflers and they sound really good till the DOD kicks in and then it sounds like like SH!T.
You want to get worse gas mileage on purpose, just for exhaust sound? I know what you mean by it sounding bad in DOD mode (I've got an electric cutout on my GXP)- but I just don't see it being worth the tradeoff in gas mileage unless it's just something you bring out for an occasional weekend cruise or something.

Maybe I shouldn't be driving around in drive, should that just be used for highway driving? 3rd gear enough for around town?
Same thing as above- just leave it in drive. Letting it get into OD and lock the converter gives lower RPM (less wear on the engine) and generally better gas mileage. I could see if you were doing a lot of passing at inner city speeds (say 35 or 40)- in a car with no power; but with all the low end torque of the LS4, you don't really need the extra rpm for normal driving.

monte carlo 3831 07-10-2012 11:12 PM

Chad, what about the issues with DOD? Most people these days think it's pretty useless and don't want it at all......