Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Are you a washaholic? I am!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by gothkid
You all need to stop washing so much. Washing is very hard on your car, that where most of the scraches come from.
MUST... HAVE..... CLEAN... CAR.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I clean mine when ever need but in the garage and only out to shows all's good

Old 08-28-2012, 09:19 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

The Monte hardly ever gets washed because he never gets dirty (Garage King). Depending on the weather the Mustang gets washed with Meguiars Gold Class about twice a week but since it lives outside it pretty much gets rinsed off every day before I go to work.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by gothkid
You all need to stop washing so much. Washing is very hard on your car, that where most of the scraches come from.
X2, especially if you don't know what's in the products you're using. I know your not all freaks about your ride like me but a good wash can be maintained for a while with just quick detailing every once in a while. Not as harsh on the paint that way

Old 08-29-2012, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
a good wash can be maintained for a while with just quick detailing every once in a while. Not as harsh on the paint that way
Yup that and a polish every few months. Your car will be very clean for a long time.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:51 AM

i used to wash the monte 2 to 3 times a week but i word 3rd shift and the street sweeper comes threw the parking lot every other day and it kicks up a lot of dust on2 my car so its a waste of time for me

Old 08-29-2012, 11:19 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

The monte may get washed once a month, dont really drive it much & the SRT gets a wash once a week cuz its black & it gets dirty fast, i usually just take the air hose & blow it off during the week

Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

I don't wash too often (once a week is usually the most frequent I will go) but do like to keep the car clean. I don't drive it all the time so it stays clean enough for quite a while. I just don't like driving a dirty car, where's the fun in that? I especially cannot stand a dirty interior. I never let any dust or crap accumulate on surfaces even close to what I've seen in others' cars. I mean, you wouldn't let your house accumulate crap like that, why should your car be any different? I just feel so much better sitting and driving in a nice, clean interior.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:28 PM

I love black but damm it drives me nuts. I'm a bit of a clean car freak myself. The worst thing about black is you can hand wash it in the shade, dry it right away and it still shows alot of streaks and water spots. Right after you just spent 90mins bending over breaking your back and knees. Thats what I loved about my previous Monte, it was white, it hinds all the water spots and minor scratches. I've learned now to not spend alot of time washing the car, and if its not really dirty I'll just take it to the car wash and use the hand sprayer, in and out in 5-10 mins. Take the long route home to do an air dry at 80 plus km/h. Then comes the hard work, once the car is dry, get out the Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer. Cars with a high gloss black finish this **** is a must. You'll need at least 5 microfibre clothes to do the whole car. This also works great on chrome wheels if you have them. When your done your car with the quick detailer you'd swear you just waxed your car, love it.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.do?q=4616

Old 11-09-2012, 05:04 PM

My car gets dirty so quick, when I first got it I would clean it a lot, but now, not so much. It just waste water, I just wipe off the dirt and what not and call it a day. It stays dirty a lot, it still looks nice a bit dirty, makes it seem like it is used very well and driven hard and travels. LOL

Quick Reply: Are you a washaholic? I am!