Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Wow, that makes my blood boil.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Default Wow, that makes my blood boil.

I was riding down the highway last night to a friends house. As I was passing a construction area (which there is so much of around here)one of the workers decided to start spraypainting a median that was right beside my lane. I saw the huge cloud of paint but there was nothing I could do considering that there was another car beside me. I had to go right through it. So now my Monte has a beautiful white fade on the front bumper, hood, windshield, and left side.
I am going to persue talking to the state about this if I can't manage to get the paint off of the car tomorrow. Do you think it will come off? If not do you think the state is going to do anything about it?
Sorry for the long post but empathize a little and I think you all know how mad I am. Got to vent.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Wow, that makes my blood boil.

yes, it does come off, either with clay bar (should get most of it off) and also a lot of polishing

i dont think the city will do anything...at least i know they dont up here, but i know when its still recently on there you can just wipe it off

Old 08-12-2007, 09:06 AM

Evan, I'd really be pizzed to [:@]
[:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@]
Freak'in A-Holes
Below is some infor, I hope it helps.
I would take pic's, have a professional clean it &
document the area's & cost and then call an attorney.
Good Luck, `Space

[align=center]Line Painting Season [/align]

Lines on the road provide direction, delineation, and guidance to motorists as
well as designate allowable or prohibitive driving maneuvers. When lines are worn, they are not as reflective; therefore, not as effective. Because the safety of all motorists is important to PENNDOT, the lines on every road in the district are repainted every year. When a painting operation is out on the road, there is a paint truck and a supply truck (there are two supply trucks if painting on a freeway or expressway). Motorists should know the following when sharing the road with a line painting operation.

When a painting operation is out on the road, there is a paint truck and a supply truck (there are two supply trucks if painting on a freeway or expressway). Motorists should know the following when sharing the road with a line painting operation:

[ul][*]Give’em a brake! The vehicles usually travel about 15 miles per hour so please slow down and be patient when warned of work ahead or lane closures. Crashes are not accidents; they are preventable.
[/ul]

[ul][*]Use caution! Stay at least 10 car lengths behind the supply truck and try to stay off the lines to avoid getting paint on your vehicle. When the weather is cooperating, it takes about two minutes for the paint to skin over and not be smeared when a vehicle crosses at a 45° angle. Keeping your distance and staying in your lane will accommodate the drying process so your vehicle will not be sprayed and the line will not be damaged. [/i]
[/ul]

[ul][*]If you get paint on your vehicle, as soon as possible, dampen a cloth with denatured alcohol, soak paint to be removed, and go to a car wash. [/ul][align=center][/align][align=center]
Road paint on your car? PennDOT says to Goof Off
Sunday, August 06, 2006
When Frank Magaro pulled to the side of Lincoln Way in White Oak to allow a firetruck to pass, he noticed in his mirror that the white paint line marking the edge of the road had fresh tire tracks.
A short distance later, he came upon a PennDOT paint truck operating in the same direction.
When he reached his destination, he discovered those tracks belonged to him. White highway paint had splashed and dried on the wheels, running boards and rubber splash guards of his 2000 Dodge Durango.
"I take extremely good care of my vehicle," he said. "It's in mint condition. It's garage-kept at work and home. I have a diamond-gloss coating applied every year and have it undercoated and rust-proofed to keep it like new. Right now, it looks pretty bad."
Mr. Magaro not only wanted to register a complaint but also to find out where he could seek help with what he said was "going to cost me a bundle to get the paint taken off without damaging the finish."
It's a complaint I hear every year.
It's a problem PennDOT faces every year, especially this time of y

Old 08-12-2007, 05:56 PM

I agree. Clay Bar and some elbow grease. I had the same issue with an older car of mine, only it was yellow on my white car. came off, luckily.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:34 PM

I would check that Goof-off stuff in an unobtrusive place first. It does work though. Water and a soft cloth I would say before anything else.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

goof off? do you mean goo-gone?

Old 08-15-2007, 03:20 PM

Claybar should work great. You might have a case against the city though. I would camcord scraping some of the paint into a vial for evidance and then they can test if it is the same paint. Maybe contact the police department as well to file the complaint.

The city probably won't do paint sample tests or anything like that to avoid costs on a lawsuit.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

goof off? do you mean goo-gone?
Both exist as opposing brand names.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Ripper27

I was riding down the highway last night to a friends house. As I was passing a construction area (which there is so much of around here)one of the workers decided to start spraypainting a median that was right beside my lane. I saw the huge cloud of paint but there was nothing I could do considering that there was another car beside me. I had to go right through it. So now my Monte has a beautiful white fade on the front bumper, hood, windshield, and left side.
I am going to persue talking to the state about this if I can't manage to get the paint off of the car tomorrow. Do you think it will come off? If not do you think the state is going to do anything about it?
Sorry for the long post but empathize a little and I think you all know how mad I am. Got to vent.
Ripper, don't end up like this guy....

[IMG]local://upfiles/1368/02387A3377CB4C9182DE6C14C3336856.gif[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Wow, that makes my blood boil.