Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   The worst products (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/worst-products-36503/)

AwesomeSS 05-18-2012 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster (Post 459327)
Turtle wax think it is made from turtle poop

LOL :rotfl:

FlamehedCFH 05-21-2012 03:44 AM

Meguiar's Endurance Tire Shine is the Worst Tire Shine ever! Sprays out blueish purple and Stained my Nitto NT555s

lougreen03 05-21-2012 08:28 AM

dish soap is for dishes and should never be used on a car.

brendan127 05-21-2012 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS (Post 459523)
I've never had a problem with the turtle wax black quick detailer but maybe i'm just crazy lol totally possible.

Same here, we use it also looks great. Megiaur's is also a very reputable brand for their car cleaning supplies. The turtle wax black box is even better than the black detailer. Turtle wax tire shine on the other hand, well... I don't think I can say what I think about it here.. lol. I use Armor All Extreme Shine.

monte carlo 3831 05-21-2012 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 460262)

:rotfl: I remember using it when I was younger on my first car......:eek:

01 Monte SS 05-21-2012 04:39 PM

I've used basic Dawn every time before clay bar, polish, and wax. Never had any issues :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong I was totally against it at first until I saw the results. The most basic Dawn is not at all too harsh or bad for the paint/clear coat/etc. Of course if you just wash your car with dawn and let it sit, bye bye clear coat haha! Definitely requires a proper polish/wax/sealant after. But then again I'm just a 19 year old kid who most will never listen too :eek:

At least I have yet to find something that is as cheap and easily found that removes all old wax. Until someone finds me a good example of plain Dawn destroying their vehicle, (with a proper clay, polish, wax) OR something cheaper that works better??? (don't see how it's possible, because Dawn does an amazing job of removing the old wax,grease, and grime for cheap), I'll keep using it :)

I will say, I wouldn't use Dawn (dish soap) everytime. Maybe once or twice a year.

Enzo354 05-21-2012 05:40 PM

In all seriousness I love the shine I get using Meguiar's NXT2.0 wax, but it has a really bad problem of leaving a white build up around windows and under cracks that I can barely get to. Not fun.

01 Monte SS 05-22-2012 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354 (Post 460388)
In all seriousness I love the shine I get using Meguiar's NXT2.0 wax, but it has a really bad problem of leaving a white build up around windows and under cracks that I can barely get to. Not fun.

Same here. I actually used some blue painters tape to mask off trim of windows/etc. when using NXT the last time and had excellent results. Worth the extra time of taping everything off :thumbsup:

aussiek2000 05-22-2012 06:32 AM

I strongly warn against using Mother's wheel cleaner. I used it as directed and it F$%$ed up 2 of my wheels.

03SSLE 05-22-2012 07:29 AM

Believe it or not Lou, the (blue) Dawn was recommended to me by a detail shop, and I know of several detailers that use and recommend it.

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS (Post 460365)
I've used basic Dawn every time before clay bar, polish, and wax. Never had any issues :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong I was totally against it at first until I saw the results. The most basic Dawn is not at all too harsh or bad for the paint/clear coat/etc. Of course if you just wash your car with dawn and let it sit, bye bye clear coat haha! Definitely requires a proper polish/wax/sealant after. But then again I'm just a 19 year old kid who most will never listen too :eek:

I will say, I wouldn't use Dawn (dish soap) everytime. Maybe once or twice a year.

^This^

Since it does remove the old wax (giving you an excellent starting point) you do need to use a clay bar or compound then polish and wax afterwards to replenish the nutrients in the paint and protect it. :thumbsup: