Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Windshield cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Default Windshield cleaning

You folks find a way to keep the windshield clean yet? I just washed my car and the window looks like I just drove the Baja 500! Any cleaning chemichal I use, to include plain ol' water just does not work. Very frustration making!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 PM

Well, Try using Invisible Glass. That stuff is really good. My stay's clean for a while.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I used Zainos to clean the windshield and then use invisible glass to finish it up
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=17

Old 08-21-2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by UncleSandman
You folks find a way to keep the windshield clean yet? I just washed my car and the window looks like I just drove the Baja 500! Any cleaning chemichal I use, to include plain ol' water just does not work. Very frustration making!
I've used tons of window cleaning products and after using a damp microfiber followed by a dry one, I'll never buy another.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
I've used tons of window cleaning products and after using a damp microfiber followed by a dry one, I'll never buy another.
Tried this the other day, left a lot of streaks on me though

Old 08-25-2009, 10:55 AM

Corn starch is another traditional stand-by for cleaning windows and glass. It leaves them streak-free and shiny. To make your own, combine 1/8 cup cornstarch with 16 oz. warm water in a plastic container. Mix well and apply to windows with a clean sponge. Wipe dry with absorbent towels.

This window cleaner works well for dirty car windows or any other exterior windows. A larger batch can be made by doubling or tripling the quantities. Make sure to never wash windows with this solution while the sun is shining on them directly. This causes the cleaner to dry too quickly and unsightly streaks may appear.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Rain-X aerosol.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Rain-X aerosol.
same here! works great for me.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 PM

Hi Uncle Sam, How's things in security @ Vegas ?
Hope life is going good 4 U there. Moderator Bigg J `Jason is from Vegas.....
Check out the below links, they contain some good infor
on cleaning your windows...Good Luck

<LI class=g>Cleaning Windows - Cleaning Glass Windows-Cleaning Auto Windows

Cheer up yourself to clean your glass windows, interior automotive window, sunglass windows and aquarium glasses.
www.indobase.com/.../cleaning/windows-and-glass-cleaning.html - Cached - Similar
<LI class="g s">YouTube - Reach & Clean Auto Window Cleaning Tool

6 min - Jan 21, 2009
Reach farther and clean better with the Reach & Clean Auto Glass & Window Cleaning Tool. Features * Flexible pivoting head easily cleans curved ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dW9GPlgT70
<LI class=g>Auto Glass Cleaning Facts & Tips: learn about glass cleaners ...

Clean glass not only looks better, it helps you drive better. We'll tell you how to clean ... Glass make a great pair for cleaning auto & home windows. ...
www.autogeek.net/waterspots.html - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>How to Clean Water Spots From Auto Glass | eHow.com

How to Clean Water Spots From Auto Glass. Hard water leaves spots on auto glass ... How to Remove Water Spots on a Car · How to Clean Spots on Car Windows ...
www.ehow.com/how_4810685_clean-water-spots-auto-glass.html - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>auto window glass - offers from auto window glass manufacturers ...

auto window glass manufacturers directory - over 3000000 registered ... Be applied to clean a variety of glasswares such as automobile glass and g... China ...
www.tradekey.com/ks-auto-window-glass/ - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>20/20 Perfect Vision<sup>®</sup> Auto Glass Cleaner

20/20 Glass Cleaner is formulated to clean glass that has been hit with ... Q. Will 20/20 Perfect Vision Auto Glass Cleaner harm my tinted windows? ...
www.eagleone.com/pages/products/product.asp?itemid... - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>24 AQUAPEL Auto-Car Windshield-Glass-Window TREATMENTS - eBay ...

Aug 6, 2009 ... eBay: Find 24 AQUAPEL Auto-Car Windshield-Glass-Window TREATMENTS in the Home Garden ... Step 1: Clean - Thoroughly clean and dry the glass. ...
cgi.ebay.com/24-AQUAPEL-Auto-Car-Windshield-Glass-Window-TREATMENTS_... - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Cleaning Car Windows | How to get streak free auto glass ...

Procedures for cleaning car windows. Which products to use including towels and cleaners. Car Interior Glass cleaning and exterior window cleaning tips.
www.mobileworks.com/cleaning_car_windows.html - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Glass & Window Car Care Products

Reach & Clean Auto Window Cleaning Tool - NEW!!! Clean those hard-to-reach areas on the ... Specially formulated to clean like no other glass cleaner. ...
www.5starshine.com/glass-windows.html - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Auto cleaning: how to remove stickers from your car window or bumper

Even those stickers that go inside the window glass get faded and start deteriorating ... These items and perhaps a clean rag or two are all that you need. ...
www.essortment.com/hobbies/autocleaningre_sddd.htm - Cached - Similar

Old 08-26-2009, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Tried this the other day, left a lot of streaks on me though
I guess it depends on how dirty your windows are and same for your microfiber. I don't have that issue

Originally Posted by MarkIV396
Corn starch is another traditional stand-by for cleaning windows and glass. It leaves them streak-free and shiny. To make your own, combine 1/8 cup cornstarch with 16 oz. warm water in a plastic container. Mix well and apply to windows with a clean sponge. Wipe dry with absorbent towels.

This window cleaner works well for dirty car windows or any other exterior windows. A larger batch can be made by doubling or tripling the quantities. Make sure to never wash windows with this solution while the sun is shining on them directly. This causes the cleaner to dry too quickly and unsightly streaks may appear.
I have never heard of this ever, but there's a first for everything, right?

Quick Reply: Windshield cleaning