Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Default RE: Window Tinting

Here in Illinois, it is illegal to have the front windows tinted, no matter how dark. Places still do it, which I dont really understand if it is illegal, but oh well. Alot of people have them tinted still, they jsut get a ticket and usually take them off when they goto court, or they take a picture with the front windows rolled down and show that to the judge, and it gets thrown out. I dont recommend it though, because if you get pulled over again, you are in more trouble than the first time.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:00 PM

Ya in Indiana the law says 35%, but I think my car is way over that. But in my past expierence cops only care if you tint the front window of your car. They dont seem to mind how dark the sides or back are.

Old 12-25-2006, 08:41 PM

Sorry to bring an old thread back, but question about this. When you say front windws, you mean the windsheild and side windows are the ones that roll up and down correct? I'm thinking about tinting and I dont know what I want to do.

Steve

Old 12-26-2006, 04:38 AM

back glass legal tint is 25%
windshield eyebrow- as dark as you want
vent and quarter glass - also as dark as you want
the side windows are - 35 %

those are the legal limits here in my city in south south! texas :P

Old 12-26-2006, 04:59 AM

also check out this package for tint on ebay you can mix it up...tints easy to put you just wet the side that has the adhesive with a mix of water and mild hand soap..peace

Old 12-26-2006, 04:59 AM

here it is my bad... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-26-2006, 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Scooze

Does anyone know what happens if you accidentally roll your window(s) down right after your window tint is installed? I'm just wondering because I just had my windows tinted today and was told to wait at least three days to roll them down and what do I do? I, without thinking, roll the driver's side down after about six hours from installation. It didn't seem to hurt anything, but I'm just hoping I won't have problems with it in the future now.
Ive been tinting my own windows for years and the only reason is the risk of the window film peeling or bubbles of air bubbles being pulled back in under the film, if not completly dried.I use a blow dryer when Im done with the squeegie and ROLLEMDOWN!

Old 12-26-2006, 09:13 PM

i reside in ga and my tint is at 2% all the way around. i know this cause i got a warning from the atlanta police department that is was way under the legal limit of 35%. i have it like that on my truck as well but i rarely get harrassed about either but that may just be here. also here in my areas the average price is somewhere between 170 - 180.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:35 PM

this is a somewhat old thread, but here in NY i think anything below 50 or 75% is illegal. Mine are 35% in the front, 20% windshield (only 9") the quarters and back. Some cops can be total asses and give you a ticket for each window if they catch you. I've never had a problem with this (mostly because I dont drive stupid enough to get pulled over) but i'm sure it can be costly with surcharges and all. Also, mine were freaking expensive because I had 35% all around but it was scratched and really bothered me, so they had a charge for removing the tint for each window, that really sucks. But if you had none to begin with, it costs around $150. I love my tints, it was hard to live without my back ones when my windows broke lol

Old 01-19-2007, 03:16 AM

hey all, im up here in bone chilling Manitoba. Legal for driver/pass window is 50%. Crazy i know. back windows and rear can be as dark as you want. just thought i let you know that you guys are lucky to get 35%. Im thinking of getting 35 all around, who cares about stupid cops

Quick Reply: Window Tinting