Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Whats your car care brand?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Midnight02
Meguiars, mothers, and turtle all the way

Old 05-16-2012, 09:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

I've always used the wizard brand, kinda pricey depending on where you get it, but it smells so good and they have something for everything! but Tadd introduced me to mothers instant detailer that I'm in love with now!!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use Meguiars & Mothers ..

Old 05-16-2012, 09:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Meguiars & Mothers here too

Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

This is the car wash I use and I love the smell of it too.

As for everything else I like to try it all. If I can get it on sale or clearance I will use it. I do like the armor all products and the turtle wax ice products. Oh and my Meguiers nxt wax.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 PM

Isn't Zymolexpensive stuff? I've never used it but i keep seeing it in this car care catalog I get sometimes. Should I say the name with a foreign accent

Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Meguires pro/detailer Line, love it I try a few diff thing here and there but thus far meguires wins,

Old 05-17-2012, 03:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
Meguiars & Mothers here too
YUP. I've used these two products for a long time. No need to change if something is working. Love Meguiars Quick Detailer.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Meguiars Ultimate Compound to clean paint. Meguiars Ultimate Wax for a brilliant shine. Jax Wax Super Blue for rubber hoses and plastics. Jax wax Purple Metal Polish. Armor All Extreme Shine Tire Gel

Jax Wax Super Blue Dressing for Rubber, Plastic and Vinyl
Purple Metal Polish

Old 05-17-2012, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tom.M
Ive been using Meguiars almost religiously since I started driving. I love the stuff, I've even been known to get excited over getting just an empty gift bag from them(sad right?). Anyways what Brand do you guys use or do you like to have a mix bag?

I need to make a signature for my posts, they look to short
...Hi `Tom, great Thread Questions...Thanks..
Also, thanks to our member's for their posts & what they are using...I've tried just about every product to detail vehicles, but I am also a Meguiars Fan..Great product for your $'s 4-Sure....

Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Care – Product Breakdown

The world of detailing can be a confusing place. With so many products, gadgets, power toys, waxes and polishes available, it’s not always easy to know where to start…or how to go about assembling everything you would need to do a complete detail of your truck. Recognizing that this confusion represents a barrier for their customers, Meguiar’s offers a Complete Car Care kit that includes a little bit of everything necessary to get the ball rolling on your detailing project.
Meguiars complete car car kit, about $45 and almost everything you need.

Most of the items listed here can be found in the complete kit. However, upgrades to some of the items included in the kit are available and described here as well. Depending on just how badly you want your truck to shine, you might want to assemble your own “complete car care kit” by mixing and matching.
The complete kit starts off with Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner. When washing your truck, it’s important to forget that old chestnut that dish soap works the best. Dish soap actually contains powerful and harsh detergents that will strip wax off of your paint and over the long run contribute to paint fade. The Gold Class wash is specifically formulated to be tough on dirt but gentle to your truck’s paint and trim.
The package also includes Endurance High Gloss tire gel, which can be applied to your tires using a sponge or a soft brush. This brings out the blackness in the rubber and also helps to keep the sun from fading the tire’s dyes. Meguiar’s also bundles in a microfiber wash mitt.
Once the car has been washed and dried, it’s a good idea to apply some polish. Not included in the kit is Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Polish, which can take a few years off of your paint and restore a deeper color for a nice wet look. If there are some scratches in your paint that don’t seem to come out after a polish, then you can try using Meguiar’s ScratchX. Generally speaking, any scratch that is shallow enough to allow your fingernail to pass over without catching can be taken care of with a product like ScratchX.
After a polish, it’s essential to seal the paint with a good wax, such as the Gold Class Liquid Wax found in the kit, which is a hybrid polymer-carnauba wax that goes on easily. For a pure, longer-lasting polymer finish, Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 liquid wax is a better option.
Detailing isn’t all about the paint – sometimes, the trim on your truck needs special attention too. Plastx is a gel designed to de-oxidize plastic trim as well as take away stains or small scratches that might have accumulated over time. A bottle of Quik Interior Detailer and standard Quik Detailer are also provided in the kit for when you just don’t have time to wash the entire vehicle but need to take care of something like bird droppings or a spilled can of soda. The product is designed to be a sort of a ‘instant car wash’, but be careful when using Quik Detailer – if you wipe too hard on a dirty exterior surface you run the risk of scratching your finish.
A good detail is one of the best ways to keep your vehicle looking great and put the indignities of winter salt and nasty weather behind you. These Meguiar’s products should have your truck looking fresh and ready for the clean roads of spring.

Last edited by Space; 05-17-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats your car care brand?