Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   What is your favorite tire shine? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/what-your-favorite-tire-shine-41993/)

iMuf 03-19-2013 06:40 PM

What is your favorite tire shine?

Recently I have been using Duplicolor tire shine which is fantastic when your wheels and wheel wells are clean but when they are dirty and you spray this on it looks like crap. I have used armorall and I like it. But I was wondering what you guys use. I just ran out of my last can of Duplicolor and I don't have any more armorall. So I'm looking to get some new tire shine as well as some other things I am out of. I just washed my car today and tomorrow I am going to put a nice coat of wax on and do some other detailing. but anyway, what kind of tire shine do you guys use?

AwesomeSS 03-19-2013 06:44 PM

I've been using Surf City Garages tire dressing. It gives your tires a nice sheen. (I'm not a fan of the "wet" look). This stuff will not fling off and lasts a very long time. You can buy it at Pep Boys, online and I think Wal Mart is starting to carry their line.

06mistreSS 03-19-2013 11:21 PM

First of all, you're only suppose to apply tire shine to a clean tire.

I use Meguiar's Hot Shine. Looks great, lasts a long time, and does not sling off. I get compliments on it quite a bit.

MnteCrloSS47 03-19-2013 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 535905)
I use Meguiar's Hot Shine. Looks great, lasts a long time, and does not sling off. I get compliments on it quite a bit.

X2 i use it, works Great :thumbsup:

Red Nightmare 03-19-2013 11:27 PM

x3! Meguiars hot shine is the best there is!

iMuf 03-20-2013 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 535905)
First of all, you're only suppose to apply tire shine to a clean tire.

I'll try that stuff out.

ChibiBlackSheep 03-20-2013 08:29 AM

Doesn't matter what you use, but follow these tips.

ALWAYS clean the tire first with a stiff brush and soap. Rinse the tire well, and let the tire get cool. Get it out of the sun if you can.

A little bit goes a long way with tire shine. You want it to absorb a little into the rubber so it doesn't sling off, all of the excess is what gets everywhere.

Also, I try not to drive the car for a good 12-16 hours after I dress it.

TMoney 03-20-2013 08:47 AM

I use Turtle Wax black tire shine. It lasts for weeks

03JGMonte 03-20-2013 09:30 AM

I use the cheapest stuff i can buy :rotfl:

06mistreSS 03-20-2013 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 535964)
Also, I try not to drive the car for a good 12-16 hours after I dress it.

I try to do this same thing. I usually wash my cars during the evening (more so because it's cooler and there's less/no direct sunlight) so they have overnight to sit before I do any driving.

Meguiar's Hot Shine does resist slinging pretty well even right after it's applied, but waiting takes slinging down to almost nothing.