Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   What polisher should i get? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/what-polisher-should-i-get-37708/)

01 Monte SS 07-15-2012 11:15 AM

I love my Porter Cable :thumbsup:

red04montels 07-15-2012 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by blackmonte02 (Post 477791)
Ok thanks! So to get the best results you need tohave a da wit alot of torque...i think im go na get the HD polisher!

Like everyone else stated, I would start with a DA. DO NOT get an orbital, you will ruin your paint if it's your first time.

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 477828)
I've always been happy with Craftsman products. Even though I wax mine by hand, I have an older version of this 6" orbital sander/polisher. My Dad has the exact same one I have. The only time I really use it on the car is to buff out the headlights.

Craftsman -6 in. Sander/Polisher with Rear Twist Handle

I wouldn't get one with just two speeds, if you get an orbital you should get a multi-speed, it helps to slow down all the time when you hit weird contours in the car, which is everywhere on the montes.

jaws2008 07-15-2012 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 477882)
Like everyone else stated, I would start with a DA. DO NOT get an orbital, you will ruin your paint if it's your first time.

A DA is an orbital...

Do you mean rotary..:rotfl:

red04montels 07-15-2012 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008 (Post 477950)
A DA is an orbital...

Do you mean rotary..:rotfl:

you're right, that's what I meant

RonBoySS 07-15-2012 11:03 PM

I went with a Porter Cable from Adam's, you can't go wrong with any bundle IMO. I recommend the Adam's as there are videos and one of the few friendly forums out there to help you get what you need corrected or shined. Here is a basic bundle to look at, as you are in MN as am I send me a PM and we can work out something to see if a PC will get the swirl marks out. I have the ultimate package from Adam's so have pretty much anything to get your shine on.

Adam's Basic Porter Cable 7424 XP Polisher Kit

Good luck and let's get together with Rick and anyone else in MN.

Mels SS 07-16-2012 11:56 AM

Great choice you can get a lot info from them as well. Thats all I use Adams all the way!!

kingreyna 07-16-2012 09:19 PM

Porter Cable by far. Never used any kind of polisher before and paint came out perfect the first time. You wont be disappointed.

blackmonte02 07-16-2012 11:30 PM

Alright! Yea we might have to meet sometime but i live on the central west portion of Minnesota...

RonBoySS 07-17-2012 02:49 PM

So is that St. Cloud or further west/north?

Let me know a day and time to see if it will work out, detailing is addictive, but in a good way.

Ricks 2006 SS 07-17-2012 03:52 PM

HEY Ron. That sounds good to me. I'll be at the CAR CRAFT NATIONALS THIS SATURDAY. What about you ? I'll be getting there early and staying late. Got a couple of buds coming in from the Detroit area for the show also. Let me know if your going and we can meet up. You have my # Right ? Justin lets us know if & when your going also.:)