Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Opinion Needed: What do you use to dry your vehicles?

Old 05-16-2015, 05:39 PM

my mom and aunt ran a detail shop for a few years and started using regular news papers for the windows,it doesn't streak or leave water spots,i wouldn't recommend them on paint though

they used some type of sheep skin material to dry the car it works well but I fell as if its too rough

Old 05-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

I mentioned that I use a leaf blower but I keep finding myself going back to using "the absorber XL" I cut it in 2 half is my wash mitt the other half is for drying. The stuff soaks up soo much water.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:45 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sometimes the AbsorberXL and sometimes Griot's Garage's drying towels.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 PM

+1 for California water blade and I follow up with wet chamois

Old 08-05-2015, 05:10 PM

I'm an auto detailer by profession, and what we do, if not using a wax-as-you-dry product, is use a water blade and squeegee as much of the water off as you can, then follow up using micro fiber towels! Preferably large microfiber towels so that you can fold them a couple times and flip them over once a side gets wet. Microfiber is the preferred material since it can be washed after each use, and the fibers won't cause swirling. Chamois carry lots of excess debris and can cause swirling with further use. And if you're concerned about dripping, use an air compressor with a blow tip attachment and blow out all the panels/lights/seems to your liking! Works like a charm

Old 08-05-2015, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by mikeV25
I'm an auto detailer by profession, and what we do, if not using a wax-as-you-dry product, is use a water blade and squeegee as much of the water off as you can, then follow up using micro fiber towels! Preferably large microfiber towels so that you can fold them a couple times and flip them over once a side gets wet. Microfiber is the preferred material since it can be washed after each use, and the fibers won't cause swirling. Chamois carry lots of excess debris and can cause swirling with further use. And if you're concerned about dripping, use an air compressor with a blow tip attachment and blow out all the panels/lights/seems to your liking! Works like a charm

At what pressure do you run the air compressor?

Old 08-11-2015, 01:36 PM

I just use microfiber normally. That Master Blaster looks awesome though.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Here in California water conservation enforcement posse will come down on you for washing the car. I've not done a proper wash in a couple months.

On foggy drippy mornings very early (when the water posse are busy filling their little buckets with the first 20 seconds of cold shower water they use to flush the commode once a day) I might take the hose to it before getting on the freeway and driving real fast.

Otherwise - the floppy water blade and a microfiber towel or two.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Barovelli
Here in California water conservation enforcement posse will come down on you for washing the car. I've not done a proper wash in a couple months.

On foggy drippy mornings very early (when the water posse are busy filling their little buckets with the first 20 seconds of cold shower water they use to flush the commode once a day) I might take the hose to it before getting on the freeway and driving real fast.

Otherwise - the floppy water blade and a microfiber towel or two.
That's crazy. I'd have a rough time handling that, especially in Cali.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

The more touch the surface of your vehicle the more chance of micro scratches and swirls even using microfibers add a lubricant detail spray.The way to avoid this is to use air pressure master plaster is the best and the air is filtered and heated but you can use and air compressor, leaf blower, what ever if you use a leaf blower do not use a gas powered one because of the exhaust it will be all of the paint. So here is a few more options. In my opinion never ever use a water blade it will cause micro scratches. So here are a few options.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinion Needed: What do you use to dry your vehicles?