Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Tire shine

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Default RE: Tire shine

I always use an applicator. Spray shine is just too messy.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:55 PM

I use the Armorall Extrme (I think) In the yellow/orange bottle. It's a gel and it seems to not spin off onto the paint as much as sprays (evnethough some say they don't; they do). It's kind of a pain, especially around the bottom of the tire where it's squished a little from the weight of the car. I saw that they used this on a Lambo on Unique Whips once and figured if it's good enough for (insert rapper/athelete/movie star here)'s Lambo, it's good enough for my SS. I knwo from havnig a body man in the family that that stuff on yoru paint is no good.[:'(]

Old 02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Endo, that's what I got - Extreme Tire Shine but I didn't care for it.
Wish I knew what they used at the dealership I bought it from. Their shine was nice AND lasted.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:42 PM

I use the armor all gel, that u apply with the sponge thing it comes with. It works better than any spray or foam ive used. My tires shined for 1 month straight after only 1 application! Its the best in my opinion.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:45 PM

i use the meguiars tire shine, but then again all the cleaners i use is from mequiars, but the shine is great and never any mess

Old 03-02-2008, 04:34 PM

well i can say this as a detailer (long ago in a land far far away)
Armour all . is a alcohal based product. and there for will cause the tires,dash and other plastics to dry out faster.

I do not use it on my car for anything. matter of fact i would not use it at all for years but at work it is the only thing the boss wants used if we clean the inside of our trucks. (so i still cheat on that and use pledge;-)

But you can use the pledge furniture polish on the intereor of the car with decent results. and it will also repell dust to
But if you have used armorhell on it you will see some spotting till it gets re mositend .

On the tires i use nothing but notouch brand. but that is just becuse i hate useing a towel or a rag on the tires. and im lazy lol
If you wash your car and drive it home then you spray it on there and give it time to dry i havent had any or verry littel if i have of throw off.

Also if you have pen marks on the doors etc.. just spray a lil bit of windex on a rag and spray it off. then follow it up with the pledge or mothers brand treat ments for the dash.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Once again, I stick with Meguiar's products.

Their shine seems to last the longest.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use the Meguiars Hot Shine in the spray bottle and a rag... and I don't have a problem with mine slining all over the car either.

Advice to live by.

Additional info...........

ArmourAll = bad.

Meguiar's, Mothers, Eagle 1 = good.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 AM

OMG Eagle one = good??? NOT. I tried the Eagle One on my tires just before I bought the Armorall Gell and IMO it was the worst stuff I ever bought.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:04 AM

well it seems that everyone has their own preference...i personally use meguiars but that is just me, try a few out and c which one u like the best...

Quick Reply: Tire shine