Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Taillight covers fogging up...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Default Taillight covers fogging up...

I got a pair of GT Styling taillight covers a while back and right away I was dissatisfied with how they attatched. They wanted you to stick them on the taillights usingbig black velcro squares that were plainly visible through the covers in the middle of the lights (The covers aren't blacked out,they're more of a really fine black honeycomb over a lightly tinted plastic that looks blacked out from a distance but still lights up well). The point of the velcro squares was to make the cover removable, but the squareswere UGLY and there were still gaps around the edges of the cover that let a lot of dust and dirt in, so I decided to go a different way. I peeled the velcro squares off, cleaned both the taillights and covers throughly, and glued the covers on using a bead of clear silicone around the whole edge. The problem is, now when its hot and humid outside they want to fog up and I can't get them unfogged. Anyone know how to keep them from fogging up? Thanks

Old 01-31-2008, 05:03 PM
Default RE: Taillight covers fogging up...

Maybe cut some small holes along the top and bottom edges, that would let the air flow through, but it might get packed with snow/sleet...