Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Roof stripes... yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Default RE: Roof stripes... yes or no?

SpaceRider... i sawthe competition stripes but missed the performance vehicle...lol. the mustang looks good tho...haha

Old 08-17-2007, 10:09 PM

Hahahahaaa! Ive been considering a stripe kit, but I think Im going to go with more perfomance mods first.. Ive been working on a CAI/WAI system for the montes now.. Just getting the glitches out..

Old 08-18-2007, 11:51 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: mavrickf1613

YES, GO WITH ROOF STRIPES IF YOU WANT THE FULL LOOK

CHECK OUT WHAT MY 06 MONTE CARLO LOOKS LIKE WITH ALL THE STRIPES ON

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733

YOU CAN ORDER THE STRIPES THROUGH WWW.STAG3MOTORSPORTS.COM GIVE THEM A CALL AND THEY DISTRIBUTE FOR AUTOTRIM, JUST TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT, THEY WILL HOOK YOU UP
Mavrickf1613,
I tried the link you provided but it doesn't seem to work?

Old 08-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The link took me a couple tries, but it worked for me.
If it's still not working for ya, I've attached a couple pics from his site.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/9B71C1BB6D1D45009ED4C10F8EB15FB7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/52FB8B681C424DE2B8741A0EE91F75C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

looks good, i still say they look better without them on the roof, but thats just my personal opinion

Old 08-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Either red or silver look amazing on a black monte. My personal opinion is to go without the roof stripes, that's just because that's how Chevys are supposed to be. The stripes on our red '71 Camaro SS are black and they are only on the hood and trunk lid, but of course the roof had a vinyl top, paint/vinyl is is very bad shape as it is still factory.

If I end up going with some I'll do black and only on the hood and lid. But I'm also tossing around designing my own in my off time between classes with photoshop, to fill up the area from the headlights to the end of the cut below the mirror. There is a perfect looking area for what I want, I'll try to get some pictures up, 'cause it's hard to imagine without images...

Old 08-28-2007, 10:49 PM

Hey Guys, I'm going to be making stripes for my car. A friend has a vinyl cutter, and I just have to buy the black vinyl. Found some pricey, but 9-year durable vinyls, even available in matte black (read flat black) that I think will look amazing with my silver paint job. I'm planning on roof stripes, but we'll have to see, if I don't like it, then they'll come off. It's' only money, right? Not like I'm spending several hundred for an aftermarket shop to install or to make them.

I think they'll be very similar to the stock GM ones, allthough with my own little touch, since I want my car, of course, to be different.

The place I'm getting the vinyl from also has shade-shifting vinyl (like the chameleon paint jobs), but those are ridiculously expensive, and have less durability than solid color vinyls.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

oooh, i think those shade shifting ones would look awesome on a silver monte!!

are you going all the way down the front and back bumpers too??

Old 08-29-2007, 09:59 PM

Front bumper? No.. because my stripes are going to be similar to stock, only they'll come to a point at the grille, instead of rounding off following the contour of the hood. But, I'm working on the design still. Rear bumper, probably, just have to see what looks best. The best part is I can get 30 feet worth of black matte vinyl (two feet wide) for 60$. And the cutting will be done on trade, so the only thing i'll be into it, is the price of the vinyl .

I'm not doing the shade shifter, simply because it's waay too expensive, nearly 200$ for 30 feet by 2 feet wide. Plus it's only supposed to last like 6 months outdoors. 200$ for half a year? I think not.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:58 AM

I wasnt sure weather the roof stripes would look good or not but after i looked at it closer with the sunroof breaaking up the stripes i like them. If the car didnt have the sunroof i dont thionk i would have done the top. My opionion is metalic silver

Quick Reply: Roof stripes... yes or no?