Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

reflective concepts overlays group buy..free 06-07 ss overlays

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default reflective concepts overlays group buy..free 06-07 ss overlays

hey guys i got an email from the vendor that was doing my badge. i talked to him about a possible group buy and he said he have no problem with it. he will email me back later with priceing. so whether you want a custom overlays or one he already have in stock will be in the group buy. i highly recommend him to anyone who's looking for custom overlays for your monte carlo or any other vehicle. like i mentioned on my other post he had done the ss center caps, pontiac indian head, and my latest monte shield badge. check out his web site:
www.reflectiveconcepts.com
l i receive email from him today he said he will give free 06-07 mc ss doors and trunk badge to anyone who will take pic of the ss badges and tell him the size of it. here is what the email said:

I have SS badge overlays for the doors and rear for the 2006-2008. I would just need to know the length of the badges and will send whoever can get that a FREE set. If they can supply pictures too, that would be great

his email is : sales@reflectiveconcepts.com

Last edited by nemesis; 06-17-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

cool man, i will check it out!!!

Old 06-17-2009, 10:42 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

here's the ss and indian head overlays i was talking about. this is the final finish of the shield, the black one is mine and blue is my buddy. btw all these overlays in the pics are heavy duty vynle and dome reflec.. looks like the real thing!!!

Last edited by nemesis; 06-17-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

This is the same guys that i just ordered my Black/ Chrome Chevy bowtie center cap covers from...Havent got them yet, but sounds like they wil be nice...I'll let you all know!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

what do i use as a search for center cap overlays, i've tried everything, i want bowtie black with silver back?? let me know, thanks

Old 06-20-2009, 12:13 AM
2009 Monte Of The Year

email him and tell what you need also give the measurement of the center cap. that's how it was done for the gtp and mc. if you have pic/photoshop send that to him too cause it will help him alot more.

Last edited by nemesis; 06-20-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:34 AM

10 Year Member

Hey silverbullitt...I just put my decals on my center caps, and i'm a little worried. They don't seem to be all that durable. Do they start to stick better after time? I'm wondering if it takes a while for the sticky glue to "dry" and stick better. I mean, they are on the center caps, but it seems like the slightest picking at it, or amount of water and they will come off...Also have you run them through an automatic car wash? How did they hold up in that case?

Just let me know...I'm hoping they just need to set up and they will be much stronger. I cleaned the surface really well, and made sure to push them down well too...

Old 06-20-2009, 12:54 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

first of all i NEVER let anybody wash my car, i do my own washing!!! did you get the dome reflec? that's what i got. when you cleaning i use rubbing alcohol nothing else. if you just have them on i would let it settle for 2-3 days and i wouldn't take it to the auto wash. i had my center cap off when i done mine back in january they on like glue now. what's the average temp out where you at? if you have to wash the car wash it yourself and try to not wash the center caps yet, just wipe it clean with damp towel.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:46 AM

10 Year Member

I did not get the dome reflect...What is that? Mine were just like flat sickers....And actually I trided rubbing alcohol to work a small air bubble out of one...the rubbing alcohol took the finish off, so I had to peel it off, and use another (he gave me 6)...
I was expecting more of an emblem, not a sticker. I thought it would look the same as it does now, but have like a clear glaze of some sort over it, so that the color would stay on...I just wont wash my car for a week or so, I can't anyway because of my new spoiler, the paint is to fresh. Normally I wash my car myself, but once in a while I just take it to the car wash.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:55 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

here's what a reflec dome is:

http://www.reflectiveconcepts.com/faq.php?cID=4

as far as taking out air bubble by using rubbing alcohol i never said that! i was referring to cleaning the area before sticking the overlays on.

that's how all overlays are made, if you can find one that are emblem like and they not going to be cheap either.

Quick Reply: reflective concepts overlays group buy..free 06-07 ss overlays