Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Razzi Ground Effects

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Default Razzi Ground Effects

Does anyone know if Razzi Ground Effects are difficult to install? Or would it be encouraged to take my Monte Carlo to a local dealership/mechanic? Also, are dual exhausts required for the rear air dam? Thanks.

Here is a link for reference:

http://www.razzi.com/vehicles/chevro...2dr_1164.shtml

Old 09-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Default RE: Razzi Ground Effects

From what I have heard they are very labor intensive. Are you fair in your machanical abilities?

The package will have to be painted, I would let your body shop do it for one reason and one reason only in my book... You screw it up you get to buy a new part, they screw it up they get to.

BTW, the kit comes with templates for you to follow and requires holes to be drilled in your existing panels. The hole will be there regardless for the dual exhausts. It would look a little out of place without something poking out of both sides IMO...

When are you getting yours done??

Old 09-19-2005, 12:30 AM

Well, first allow me to introduce myself. I'm only 16 and I (luckily) have a used silver 2004 Monte Carlo LS (currently 23,000 miles and runs very well). I also have a rear-end spoiler (pace-car). I have the ugly ordinary one-exhaust system. I would like to get this Razzi Ground Effect procedure done sometime next year, but it will probably be done until I'm 18.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Scooze

Does anyone know if Razzi Ground Effects are difficult to install? Or would it be encouraged to take my Monte Carlo to a local dealership/mechanic? Also, are dual exhausts required for the rear air dam? Thanks.

Here is a link for reference:

http://www.razzi.com/vehicles/chevro...2dr_1164.shtml

As with most bolt on kits, it's not difficult to do, but you would need to have a buddy or two help you out. And remember, measure twice, drill once.

No, duals are not "required", but it sure would look better with two than with one.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:47 AM

they are not to hard to do. but also look on the link you supplied and look farther down the page you will see a kit that has a dual option for a dummy pipe on it also. So you can have the look of duals but not actually have them .

Old 09-21-2005, 04:01 AM

I could just order all the equipment (exhaust system + Razzi Ground Effects kit = around $1,500) online and take it all to a body shop and have them do it, couldn't I?

Old 09-21-2005, 04:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Scooze

I could just order all the equipment (exhaust system + Razzi Ground Effects kit = around $1,500) online and take it all to a body shop and have them do it, couldn't I?
Yep. Although I don't know if they'll do the exhaust. You might have to get the kit installed/painted first then take it to a muffler shop so they can fit the exhaust in there nice a tight

Old 09-21-2005, 04:14 AM

So my Monte Carlo should eventually look something very similar to the ones here:

http://betterrides.com/pro493821.html

http://betterrides.com/pro493823.html

Does anyone know if the Razzi Catback Exhaust system is good or are there better ones? I'm not looking for something too loud, but something decent that also increases horsepower.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:49 AM

if i was doing it i would take it to the bdy shop for the kit then to the mffler shop so they can hang it right and make it look right Also.

not to mention the body shop could probbly do it but would you rather have a dentis do your surgury?

Old 09-21-2005, 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

if i was doing it i would take it to the bdy shop for the kit then to the mffler shop so they can hang it right and make it look right Also.

not to mention the body shop could probbly do it but would you rather have a dentis do your surgury?
that rear bumper cover=[:'(]

Quick Reply: Razzi Ground Effects