Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

The Punisher Theme

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Default The Punisher Theme

Hey everybody, I have a 1996 Monte Carlo LS and I am about to embark on SERIOUSLY gimmicking this car. I've owned it since 2001 and am just now about to give it "The Punisher" theme. The color of the car is currently a bronze-ish color, and I am looking to make the car jet black. I want to paint a big Punisher logo on the hood of the car, as well as a smaller version of the same skull on each door. How can I go about having these cutouts made for my car? I know it sounds silly, but can I do such a thing at Kinko's or something? My old man has a body shop, but I haven't talked to him yet, because I'm day dreaming at work still. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks..

Old 04-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: The Punisher Theme

A vinyl graphics shop could cut the decals for you just ready to stick on, and they can do them exactly the way they're supposed to look...

Old 04-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Hi Chris & Welcome to the MCF
Please keep us updated on your progess : )
`Space

Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 PM

Welcome to MCF Chris!!!

Vinal graphics are the way to go, they don't cost that much, look great, if they somehow rip or chip they are cheap to replace, plus if you choose to goto another vehicle you can take the graphics with you.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

or if you decide you dont like them after a year or 2 you can just take them off...no repainting

Old 05-01-2007, 01:22 PM

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome, fellas. Yeah, I'm definitely going vinyl for the big Punisher skull on the hood - but the doors might be trickier. They lack alot of area when it comes to flat surfaces. They have, hmm...what the hell do you call it..? Like, the lines and all.. I want a smaller version of the same skull on each door...I'm just not sure how I could do the vinyl therewith the design of the doors..

I'm picking up a chrome Punisher skull emblem and steering wheel of ebay, and this morning I had another twisted vision...

I was wondering if it is at all possible to apply bat-like fins to the back of the car...don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about classic car fins...I mean gimmicked, Herman Munster-type ones...if anyone knows how do go about it, please let me know. The other thingI'm going to do,is apply under carriage lighting and a fog machine. I'm going to drive minimally with the lights, and only use the fogwhen showing off while in park..

When the body is done, I'll make sure to post before/after pictures..

Old 05-01-2007, 04:24 PM

haha sounds like u got it all planned out. i cant wait to see the finished product.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:48 AM

Astro, while I guess I can't really comment on what the final outcome will look like (know somebody good with photoshop?) I would say for a bat type wing you're only option is to find something very long (as in front to back) and to cut or modify it to appear like a bats wing. Or if you get someone to set up a frame, there's people out there that can do wonders with fiberglass. Unfortunately you're still looking at pretty good chunks of cash being put into the custom-fabrication of that stuff.

Before you go and do anything though, be sure to have someone that's good with photoshop or some kind of computer graphics program so that you could put togeter a basic outline of what you want done, and see what it would look like on the car. And if the fiberglass guy needs a trunk to work off of, but you still wanna drive the car, you might look at purchasing a used trunk of the same model/year so you don't have to take it off of your car, or let him have your car while he's doing the work.