Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Painted Engine Cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Painted Engine Cover

i'd change the stripes and the letters to be black to match the trim on your car, and paint hte rest red... just me

Old 10-09-2007, 08:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Taz

I was debating whether or not I should paint mine. But after seeing how well Duane's and Wayne's turn out, I think I'm going to go do it. Maybe before the winter sets in. If not, in the spring.

Since the silver lettering was damaged (before I bought the car) by a power washer, I was thinking of painting it body color (victory red), and re-painting the letters and numbers silver.That presents me with a problem though. Theraised stripes going left to right are already painted red.When I paint the rest red, should I paint the stripes silver to match the lettering, or paint themgloss black tomatch the black color of the car's ground effects? I'm open to suggestions, so if you have any, let's hear them.
Personally, I don't like the stripes on the shroud, and would like to eliminate them and smooth out the thing.
I definately think that the shroud looks best in the color of the car, whether black, blue, red, or maroon. Paint it red, and if you keep the stripes, paint them black, with a silver stripe on the leading edge and keep the lettering silver. Looks better than red letters.
I think my shroud is going away to make room for a short stack intercooler.
Wayne
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 12-31-2007, 01:59 PM

well i know its a lil late and the threads a lil old but i finally did mine...check it out, eventually all of the black flex tube will b changed to yellow but its hard to find yellow flex tube thats over 3/8, i might have to use the internet

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/102_0084.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/102_0081.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/102_0080.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/102_0079.jpg

Old 12-31-2007, 07:14 PM

looks real good !!!!
Niow do your self a favor if you havent done this already get some high temp clear and shoot it with that also to keep it from turnign diffrent colors due to teh chemicals under the hood.

Also have to ask where did you run your amp kit threw the fire wall?
I ended up runnign mine threw the door jam on the pass side and really need to get it out of there and have planed to do so but was tryign to not have to drill the fire wall to do it.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:02 AM

somthign a little easier than vasoline is do it they way i did painted the intire thing black then i used a red paint pen bought a micheals that wa i diddnt have to worry about taping anything off

Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 AM

yeah bu tyou cheat rich! LOL

Old 01-01-2008, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: DESS03

somthign a little easier than vasoline is do it they way i did painted the intire thing black then i used a red paint pen bought a micheals that wa i diddnt have to worry about taping anything off
that is how I did mine then cleared it all

Old 01-01-2008, 03:16 PM

thats where i originally ran mine too but i had to take it out of there...i endedup drilling a hole in my firewall and then after it was all said and done i fire-caulked it to prevent water and hopefully i never have a fire but if i do it should give me a lil protection...didnt like doin it but i couldnt find a better route, if u do it make sure u drill a pilot hole to c where its comin out and drill slow, if it pops thru and u drill thru sumtin else ull prolly have a few choice words for urself lol

oh and thanx for the advice...ill get some of that

Old 01-01-2008, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: kweef

thats where i originally ran mine too but i had to take it out of there...i endedup drilling a hole in my firewall and then after it was all said and done i fire-caulked it to prevent water and hopefully i never have a fire but if i do it should give me a lil protection...didnt like doin it but i couldnt find a better route, if u do it make sure u drill a pilot hole to c where its comin out and drill slow, if it pops thru and u drill thru sumtin else ull prolly have a few choice words for urself lol

oh and thanx for the advice...ill get some of that
Yeah that is what i was afrid of I was changing spark plugs last night and actually climed in there and there is a cabel that gose threw the fire wall just not sure what or where on the other side. I didnt shove anythign threw there so i will probly do this later on

Old 01-01-2008, 04:26 PM

hmm i think i saw that cable but i cant remember where it ran too...let me know where it goes

Quick Reply: Painted Engine Cover