Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Paint repair pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Default Paint repair pictures

I detailed a friends Jaguar last weekend and my gosh, I don't understand how people could let their car get in this condition. But anyways, the car was heavily swirled all over but I was able to get it all out using my PC 7424 with a Lake Country cutting pad and some Hi-Temp Heavy cut leveler, followed by a Lake Country polishing pad with some KlearKote Vanilla Moose and topped off with some S100 applied and removed by hand. Here's a few pictures, before and after

Here you can see heavy swirls and scratches on and around the door handle on the passenger side

Not anymore!

You probably won't be able to see the problem with this pic until you look at the next one, but the problem is the haziness due to the heavy swirls which give the paint a kind of creamy look.

No more creamy look!

And lastly, the driver side door handle. This is what the majority of the car looked like.

What scratches?

Old 04-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Default RE: Paint repair pictures

Hi Rich, You get the
WoW
Do you accept appointments ?
Thanks for all your post & infor
Do you have a pic showing the whole `Jag ?
If so, please share : )
Wish U a `Happy,
`Space

Old 04-08-2007, 05:50 PM

looks nice Ritch now ya can come do mine LOL
I have yet to beabel to get out there and do it. Thought i would this weekend and of course we get teh coldest weatehr since i have been in the states comming for avisit. So it was cold enough i could not do it. So the car was neglected again. but i did give ehr a warm bath and hope to do it again next weekend. we shall see

Old 04-08-2007, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

looks nice Ritch now ya can come do mine LOL
I have yet to beabel to get out there and do it. Thought i would this weekend and of course we get teh coldest weatehr since i have been in the states comming for avisit. So it was cold enough i could not do it. So the car was neglected again. but i did give ehr a warm bath and hope to do it again next weekend. we shall see
Yeah, we have finally been getting some nice weather here so I have been making appt's to do details. I have a 04 Mercedes Benz S430 to do next weekend, a 06 Acura TSX to do the following weekend. Then I've got a few more lined up but nothing set in stone yet.

I am also getting in some new products this week so I've very excited, although the Benz is gonna be a very tough test for me. It's black and heavily swirled.................should be fun[&:]

Space - I have a spot open for you on 4.28.07 if you wanna swing by!

Old 04-08-2007, 08:18 PM

Here are some low res shots of the finished product

Old 04-08-2007, 10:00 PM

Hi Rich, That's a beautiful `Jag : ) I love the reflection of your Monte : )
[:-]
Just Beautiful...& the Rims R Awesome Look'in on it : ) WoW : )
Rich, thanks for sharing
`space

Old 04-08-2007, 11:03 PM

man i thought you had diffrent wheels under your car.
the new products your talking about are they still of the high temp stuff?
Also what was the name of the site that you found it at? now im back in the real world i can order it and get some here LOL

oh and the jag looks great!!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

man i thought you had diffrent wheels under your car.
the new products your talking about are they still of the high temp stuff?
Also what was the name of the site that you found it at? now im back in the real world i can order it and get some here LOL

oh and the jag looks great!!
LOL, the only different wheels are the one's I photoshopped on in an old sig pic of mine a while back.

The new products aren't Hi-Temp stuff, not that they aren't good because I love Hi-Temp, but i'm just trying out some different stuff. I'm getting some Menzerna Intensive Polish, Jeff Werkstatt Carnauba Jett, and three products from ClearKote; Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Carnauba Moose Wax and Red Moose Machine Glaze. I have never used the Menzerna or Jeff Werkstatt products, i'm experimenting with them. The ClearKote stuff is new to me as well, except for the Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze. I was so impressed with it when I first tried it 3 years ago that I am trying some of their other stuff to see if I can get results as sweet as I got with the Vanilla Moose.

For my Hi-Temp stuff, I order from TopoftheLine.com. Matter of fact, that's where I got my PC 7424 from as well. Their customer service is second to none!!

Thanks for the compliment on the Jag, I thought it came out well. I should have the hi res pics this week sometime so I can see if it came out as good as I think it did. It's funny, I haven't seen it since the detail, she used to drive it all the time. LOL.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:42 AM

The Jag looks nice
but im impressed with the drive way

Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

The Jag looks nice
but im impressed with the drive way
So was I. I expected that it would get a little slick when I started washing the car but that wasn't the case. Not to mention that it was different. I guess it would be pretty easy to know when you arrived at their house if it was your first time, "just look for the multi-colored driveway."

Quick Reply: Paint repair pictures