Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

New Website

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:02 PM

How can we rank you on google, i'd love to help a fellow Monte owner.

especially if it results in a discount.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
How can we rank you on google, i'd love to help a fellow Monte owner.

especially if it results in a discount.
Yes you actually can. Go here http://www.google.com/maps/place?cid...=Lancaster,+PA and make a review.. good ones if your going to do it. lol.. You can also rate

Old 12-08-2010, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Yes you actually can. Go here http://www.google.com/maps/place?cid...=Lancaster,+PA and make a review.. good ones if your going to do it. lol.. You can also rate
Done.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Done.
Me too - five stars for Josh! :

Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM

GOT SPL

Thanks guys..

Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

left 5 stars for ya too

Old 12-09-2010, 07:25 PM

GOT SPL

Originally Posted by trewyn15
left 5 stars for ya too
Thanks.. Appreciated

Old 12-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Thanks.. Appreciated
oh its just a small part of what i owe ya ha

Old 12-13-2010, 03:30 PM

Great website, very professional and the prices are good too. Any tips for us amateur car washers? Products you've found work best?

Old 12-13-2010, 09:46 PM

GOT SPL

I wrote up an article that is going to be published online. Probably come spring ill make a new thread about it. But for now I will post it here.

How to Wax Your Car the Right Way

Waxing starts off with a proper washing. Washing is key to any waxing job to prevent further damage to your paint. Make sure to set up the dual bucket method, use a clean wash pad/mitt, rinse car to free loose contaminates and gently rub the mitt over the cars paint. After the wash, dry the car quickly, various methods can be used, make sure to use a soft waffle weave microfiber cloth to guzzle up the water. After the car has been washed the paint needs Claybared to remove built in surface contaminates. After the Claybar the paint is ready for either polishing or waxing depending on what you are trying to accomplish. There are two ways of waxing your car, a Dual Action Polisher or by hand. And there are different ways of accomplishing this depending on if the wax is a liquid or a paste. To wax by using a DA polisher, first prime the pad with a small spray of any quick detailer. Then apply a generous amount of product to the pad, I prefer making an x on the pad to start. Setting the polisher to a speed setting of 3 or 4 spread the wax around using overlapping motions. You should be able to cover the entire hood up with just one application. Follow these steps around the rest of the car. If using a paste on a DA polisher, slide the wax partially out of the can and rub on the pad and use the same steps as above. For hand application you want to use a good quality foam applicator. I enjoy use the polishing pal for hand waxing; it uses a big rubber grip with Velcro to attach a small 3 inch pad but any foam applicator can be used. Apply product to the pad and make a circle near the edge of the pad. I prime these pads different, take the product you just applied to the pad and rub it into the pad with your finger. Then reapply the wax to the pad and apply to the car. When applying wax to the car contrary to what most people believe you should apply it in a straight line motion. Take a small section and go in a back and forth motion over the small section 3 or 4 times to provide an even thin application. Continue to use this method over the entire car. Use this same method for paste application but the get the wax out of jar take either the pad or the jar and rotate it back and forth to create friction between the pad and the wax. The friction will melt the wax onto the pad, and then follow the same steps for hand application. Always follow manufacture recommendations for usage but you can follow these easy guidelines. Most liquid waxes need to sit to a haze which takes about 30 to 45 min depending upon the environment, Paste waxes get removed immediately after the application as they do not dry. Use a plush quality microfiber cloth to remove the excess wax. Always remember to wax in the shade and happy detailing.

Quick Reply: New Website