Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

New pics of Freshly Buffed Black Paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Default New pics of Freshly Buffed Black Paint

Last week I had a friend of mine buff my car because there were some pretty annoying swirl marks when the sun hit it. I also painted the center parts of my wheels. I think its a pretty big improvement... Here's a few pics I took over the beautiful weekend we just had. Lemme know what you guys think.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Default RE: New pics of Freshly Buffed Black Paint

looks good bro, but u got alot of orange peel in that paint. ive noticed the 6th gen black ones have this problem. and i would love to see those new painted center pieces

Old 05-22-2008, 07:02 PM

Its factory paint too... I've really noticed alot of orange appearing on many new cars. My Dad's '06 Daytona Charger had a crap load of orange peel from the factory. It really sucks that they can't put a decent paint job on a car even when your paying 35k for it...

Old 05-22-2008, 07:03 PM

I don't no looks pretty good on my screen.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:16 PM

yeah i got lucky mine was repainted shortly b4 i got it...i can only imagine how crappy it woulda looked after 11 years of weather beat down on it.

but i give your car 95% outta 100 for prettiness

Old 05-22-2008, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: scc24540
but i give your car 95% outta 100 for prettiness
Haha, thank you

Old 05-22-2008, 07:31 PM

Car looks great the Black LED back lights would look grat on your car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3794/5BEE52D6B1B6409FA683E1ECA48F2E91.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think the wheels came out looking great. If memory serves me correctly, wasn't Duane thinking about doing the same to his wheels?

As for the paint...

The buff job came out really nice. You did a great job! But unless you do like what Craig did, you're going to have orange peel. Basically, Craig did a wet sanding on his entire car and smoothed out the surface. Of course, what he did is a lot more complicated than just that.But unfortunately GM just doesn't give us car buyers a "professional" paint job from the factory anymore.

I guess GM just figures that 99% won't care about the orange peel. And us 1% can just do it ourselves.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

I DIG THE REFLECTION PICTURES THEY ARE GREAT LOOKING, IT LOOKS LIKE A NEW CAR.

I agree with TAZ, Even on my 06 my paint job isn't great, if you try buffing the bumpers barely on mine i have two burn spots that i had to touch up and there are spots i am starting to notice. I wish the paint jobs were better. I plan on having my bumpers re painted some time in the future.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 PM

Taz: I remember having the conversation with someone a while back on the painted wheels, but I don't remember who it was. So I just figured I'd do it and if anyone likes it they can copy off it. All it took was some masking tape, some 600 grit paper, some gloss black enamel engine paint, and some enamel clear. I'd estimate each wheel took me about an hour from start to finish, with the masking being the most difficult and time consuming part.

Maverick: The car is far from new... I just hit 180,000 miles the other day. And its the original paint. Needless to say, my friend had to spend quite some time to get the car looking as good as it does now.

And I'm no body man, so I don't think I have the skill to wetsand and buff the whole car without making some spots looks worse than they already are. I'll just have to live with the orange peel for now.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments guys.

Quick Reply: New pics of Freshly Buffed Black Paint