Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

My new emblems

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Default My new emblems

Well, ever since I bought my monte a few months back, I have always hated the fact that the "Monte Carlo" badges are painted the same color as the car, they don't stick out at all (I don't care for things being ghosted), The SS sticks right out but the MC logo disappeared.

So I when I finally decided black was gonna be the second color for my car, I ordered me some black badges. And today I finally got around to putting them on, don't mind the dirty car, I had to drive home in the snow last night (only have pics of the side, I did the back to though)

The Old:

The New:

Old 02-23-2008, 03:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: My new emblems

Is that an updated pic in your sig or still the same one? I swear the monte carlo letters in that pic look black.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:31 PM

The one in my sig is an old pic, it's the angle the picture was taken at that why they look black

Old 02-23-2008, 04:35 PM

Hi `Chris,
You added your touch, you made it different then
the `rest..., I like `it. [8D]
I'm in2 `Ghosting,
but the BlackScripted ~Monte Carlo
on aSilver Monte+ red SS
Looks `Great
U Ra lucky `man
[8D]Awesome Monte + Awesome Bike = WoW = Fun

Old 02-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have a similar situation with the "Monte Carlo SS" on my trunk lid. Red badges on red paint.
I'm thinking of changing it to a black "Monte Carlo" badge. The "SS" I think only comes in red, so I think I'm gonna get a duplicate SS badge, and paint it black. So it shows more.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:46 PM

thanks space for the compliments

Hey taz, on eBay I bought my trunk emblem for $5.99, but the guy I bought the side emblems from also sells the bowtie on the trunk in black, and the SS emblem in black and they are great quality, but he isn't the cheapest, but he's also the only one selling them in black.

His seller name is mikep134

Old 02-24-2008, 12:20 AM

Looks good. I never understood why they made those emblems the same color as the body.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks good! I have mixed opinions on "ghost" emblems. It's all a matter of personal taste AND the color of the car. I painted my "Intimidator" badges black to "stealth" the car. I didn't like the silver badges, with black Monte Carlo badges on the left back. My problem was I was having the "boys" flying up on me just to see what my car was, but they didn't pull me over. Painting the badges stopped that. AND the "SS" badges stand out even more now, IMO. Black SS badges on a red Monte would be a GOOD thing, IMO.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 PM

I think the black "monte carlo" on silver looks great, good job. I think the black badges would look better on yours too taz.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:25 PM

oh yes the black looks alot better on silver............im thinking in taking mine off and paint it chromeor silver......you cant hardly see it now

Quick Reply: My new emblems