Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Monte Carlo SS badge

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Default Monte Carlo SS badge

Is now officially off my car. I've always thought it would look a lot cleaner without it, and it does. :-) There's been a few links in other threads to 'SS' badges and i've been considering purchasing one.
Before:

After:

Photobucket reduced the images pretty small, but you get the idea. You guys think I should buy an SS badge, and place it in the bottom right of the trunk or just leave it as-is? I like it as-is, it's pretty clean looking, but I think a bigger SS logo (maybe one from the side would look good :-) ) is kind of necessary. Opinions?

Thanks

Old 11-25-2007, 05:33 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Monte Carlo SS badge

I spent the extra money for an SS. I want people to know mines an SS. just my opinion...

Old 11-25-2007, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

I spent the extra money for an SS. I want people to know mines an SS. just my opinion...
same here

Old 11-25-2007, 06:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like it! Can we say SLEEPER? I like the idea of an SS badge on the right side. Look at my pics, that's where mine is. it's on the "wrong" side.
What about the side badges. What do YOU think?
I painted my Intimidator emblems black to hide the bling of the badges, BUT, I wanted to keep the backside the same, saying "Monte Carlo Intimidator SS", as most everywhere it seems to say just Intimidator, except on the side badges.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:26 PM

I like the clean, de-badged look of it. Nice job

Old 11-27-2007, 10:21 PM

Eh I'm with 03SS and Cowboy. I want people to know that I have the SS, which literally means "ricers u don't have a chance"[sm=devilgrin.gif]

Oop, I might get in trouble for that one, oh well[sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=exactly.gif]

Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

It looks nice and clean, but I prefer to leave it, I like my SS.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

No Badging... If your looking at my car from this angle... I think you already know you've been smoked -- V6, V8, LS or SS doesn't matter... but the roar of my exhaust should give you a clue you were just eatin by a SS.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:33 PM

Y didn't you take off the side badging too? Or do you still want something that say SS. I mean I like the emblems on the side.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member

The side badging stayed on only because it started to get a little cold outside. I think that i'm going to keep the side badging, I like it. I'd like to thinksomebody will roll up from behind me and say 'Hey, this isn't an SS, I could probably smoke him', but then when they roll up next to me and see the Monte Carlo SS badge on the side, they'll already be in my rearview mirror.

Totally debadged looks awesome! I'm contemplating painting the Chevy emblem black, or going totally debadged in the back. Or do I get the SS badge for the right side? RocknSS's Monte looks pretty good with the SS emblem on the other side, i'm pretty sure thats where I got the idea from too! Hmmm.

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo SS badge