Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

interior cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Default interior cleaning

Hey guys, I was wondering what products you use to clean the inside of your car. I have the 02 Earnhardt editon so I'm kinda unsure what I should use to clean my leather seats and to keep them from fading. I use the armor all protectant on my dash every week that I wash my car. That should keep it from cracking from the sun right? let me know, thanks.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: interior cleaning

STOP USING ARMOR ALL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to keep your dash from cracking, don't use Armor All.It actually causes cracking, even though the container says it protects from cracking. They are lying. Flat out.

There are so many of us here that have had car interiors (and exterior pieces as well)detroyed because ofArmor All. I experienced it myself in a previous car, as well as my dad in one of his previous cars.

I have also had Armor All tire shine ruin the protective clear coat on a set of aluminum rims. It caused the clear coat to crack and come off, and thealuminum began to corrode from being exposed to the elements. It cost me hundreds of dollars to get those rims repaired and re-cleared.

Gotta go for now, but there are lots of other choices on the market that will suit your purpose. Hopefully someone here can fill in from here. Gotta go.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:35 PM

Hi `Mike,
Please listen to our MCF Moderator `Taz,
I've heard, & read too many posts on the problems with Armor [X(]
There are several great products for leather interior, but
it comes down to personal preference & price.
I use Eagle's & get great results : )
Use our MCF Search Engine to Explore Subject.
Below is one link about auto detailing & interior cleaning.
[:-]click link below [:-]
Look forward to your future posts.
Good Luck `Mike
from,
`Space

Old 03-29-2008, 06:01 PM

I like to use Eagle 1's stuff on my interior, i use their cleaning and conditioning stuff on my leather and have had no problems with it. I used it when i first got my car because you could tell the person before me didn't take care off the seats that good. i used Eagle 1 for a while and it looks better than it ever has.

Like Taz said never use armor all, it is no good at all. Also My friend just had the same thing happen to his rims on his grand prix where the clear coat started cracking off and he was using Armor all tire shine.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:03 PM

just a little hint to people with the leather seats if u use an all purpose cleaner when you spray the seats with the cleaner go buy a scotch bright pad( green scrubby pad used for pots, pans) and spray the seats down, use the scrubby to pull up all the dirt, then wipe them down right away

Old 03-29-2008, 08:27 PM

thanks guys. i kept thinking my dash was looking so good with the armor all on it but i didnt realize it actually made it crack. well im going out tomorrow to buy some eagle one for my dash.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad we could help, and possibly save you an expensive replacement.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:26 PM

What are you guys using on the dash then to keep her nice and shiney. I'm using the stuff made by turtle wax right now, but i'm not brand loyal.......

Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm glad I foudn this.. I've been using Armor All for awhile now... hmm.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:36 AM

I would have figured all those brands are the same. The different brands that i have tried now seem to have the same stuff coming out of the bottle.............

Quick Reply: interior cleaning