Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Formula F21 Tire Foam and Shine

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 04:12 AM
Default Formula F21 Tire Foam and Shine

I was out shopping for detailing products tonight and tire care was one of the things I was looking for. I almost got Meguiar's Hot Shine, it's got a pretty trick nozzle that you can adjust the spray pattern on, wide for stock tires, narrow for low pro's. How cool is that? Anyway, I stumbled upon this F21 stuff made by Turtle Wax and it was talking about nanotechnology and whatnot, the price was right, so I got it. Kinda nervous to use it as it's a Turtle Wax product. Have you ever used it? How do you like it? Discuss

Old 05-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Default RE: Formula F21 Tire Foam and Shine

I've been using that Hot Shine stuff by Meguiar's. I think it's a fairly nice product.

Did you have a chance to use that F21 stuff?

Old 05-27-2005, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I've been using that Hot Shine stuff by Meguiar's. I think it's a fairly nice product.

Did you have a chance to use that F21 stuff?
Yeah, Hot Shine is good stuff. It lasts a decent amount of time, not the longest of any product I've used, but long enough, and the nozzle is trick.

Nah, haven't used the F21 yet, I just got it last night. I'll use it for the first time this weekend on the 3 details I have lined up. I'll post an initial and follow up eval.

Old 05-29-2005, 03:25 AM

Well, I used F21 today. It sprays on in a nice, heavy foam and dries within minutes, leaving hehind a satin type shine. Meaning, it's a deeper, darker black, but it doesn't look like somebody sprayed a couple coats of clearcoat on your tires. This is a good look. Personally, im no longer a fan of the "my tires are dripping wet" look. Something that gives them a clean look and protects them well is what I want. No comment yet on the durabilty as I just used it today. I'll post back in a week or so with an update. Here is a pic of my dads truck with F21 on the tires.

Close up of the rear tire

Old 05-29-2005, 12:25 PM

It looks as if it did not cover the tire very well close to the rim areas. It looks kinda uneven. But of course a picture most of the time does not show every detail. That's one thing that bothers the heck out of me with some tire dressing and I have found the deep gloss wet looking stuff covers the tire much better and seems to last longer.

But other than than it looks ok.

TVW

Old 05-29-2005, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

It looks as if it did not cover the tire very well close to the rim areas. It looks kinda uneven. But of course a picture most of the time does not show every detail. That's one thing that bothers the heck out of me with some tire dressing and I have found the deep gloss wet looking stuff covers the tire much better and seems to last longer.

But other than than it looks ok.

TVW
I assure you it did cover the tire, it's just the lighting that makes it look that way. I like Megiuar's Endurance tire gel too, but it's so damn shiny, but it lasts a long time.

Old 05-29-2005, 08:00 PM

i use the no touch tire care wet look but i dont like that dried tires look they pick up dust and show it seems real fasr.

i have no tried the megs stuff . Might have to see how it works i use the rest of their stuff on the car the tire stuff might be a good thing to go to also.

But then i also use Armorall nder the wheelwels on m car till i get rid of this crap i have here. LOL

Old 05-29-2005, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i use the no touch tire care wet look but i dont like that dried tires look they pick up dust and show it seems real fasr.

i have no tried the megs stuff . Might have to see how it works i use the rest of their stuff on the car the tire stuff might be a good thing to go to also.

But then i also use Armorall nder the wheelwels on m car till i get rid of this crap i have here. LOL
the Meguiar's stuff is very good, but kinda spendy too, if you consider $10 alot for tire dressing. It does have a tendency to "sling" so I would advise that you wipe off the excess when you try it out.

Old 05-29-2005, 08:25 PM

thats not cheap but if it holds up better then what the hell it would be worth it if it will allow the tires to last longer.

Old 05-29-2005, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

thats not cheap but if it holds up better then what the hell it would be worth it if it will allow the tires to last longer.
Unless you live in the desert or any other extreme environment, you have a better chance of wearing out the tread than you do of the sidewall giving out on you.

Quick Reply: Formula F21 Tire Foam and Shine