Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Favorite wax?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use the hole line but this stuff is amazing and why I switched over to Wolfgang.
It's the wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0 It gives my white car paint so much depth and let me tell you how hard it is to have depth / wet paint look in white paint.
I am sure Mel Knows with his white SS
I would recommend everyone try it at least 1 time and follow the directions 100 % I let mine sit over night to get the full 12 hrs of curing time in but wow you will thank me .

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant <font color=red>3.0 </font>

Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Keith, did you put a top coat of wax on the sealant or is it not recommended/required?

Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Keith, did you put a top coat of wax on the sealant or is it not recommended/required?
you can but not Required (I might if I lived in Seattle we are high desert where I live) I never have had 2 do it though.
The first time I used it I 1 coat of it on and let it sit the full 12 hrs and it looked better than I expected ,So then I did it again to see if it would get even better a week later and Wow the second application made it where out in the sun it was like a layer of water sitting on top of the White, or you could see the clear coat on Top of the White not easy to do with White in the sun but you can see the light refracting in the clear coat.
I have only see that on cars at CES not many or none 150,000 + mile cars at least that have not been repainted.
you will Love it just read and follow the directions Exactly and sit back and enjoy needing almost a second pair of sunglasses just to look at you white car in the sun . LOL
if you want watch this in 1080p and you can see it the car with 2 coats on and this was like a month after application . It all most pearls the white on the sunny side of the car . And the watch the 1 in the sig you should see the difference. Form the year before. and keep in mind same camera same car same paint. Trust me when i say this the camera don't do it Justice way better in person .

Last edited by Blazed SS; 03-15-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

I have to say after this I tried it on the Rims and yea it made them better especially wit the metal flake in the Gray.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

i have been contemplating picking some of that up and a bottle of pinnicle souvern i'll have to get a sample bottle on my next order

tehehe stole this from another forum

Old 03-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
you can but not Required (I might if I lived in Seattle we are high desert where I live) I never have had 2 do it though.
The first time I used it I 1 coat of it on and let it sit the full 12 hrs and it looked better than I expected ,So then I did it again to see if it would get even better a week later and Wow the second application made it where out in the sun it was like a layer of water sitting on top of the White, or you could see the clear coat on Top of the White not easy to do with White in the sun but you can see the light refracting in the clear coat.
I have only see that on cars at CES not many or none 150,000 + mile cars at least that have not been repainted.
you will Love it just read and follow the directions Exactly and sit back and enjoy needing almost a second pair of sunglasses just to look at you white car in the sun . LOL
if you want watch this in 1080p and you can see it the car with 2 coats on and this was like a month after application . It all most pearls the white on the sunny side of the car . And the watch the 1 in the sig you should see the difference. Form the year before. and keep in mind same camera same car same paint. Trust me when i say this the camera don't do it Justice way better in person .
That does have some nice depth to it. The wife & kid wear their dark shades and squint to approach the car now as it is...even on overcast days. They'll really 'love' me if it gets any brighter. I'll have to give this stuff some serious consideration. Thanks for the tip, Keith!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

You bet man !! Justin you should man it really is amazing I got it as a part of a kit with my DA and man you will thank me for it Auto geek will send a free sample with a order if you are on the fence .

Old 03-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
You bet man !! Justin you should man it really is amazing I got it as a part of a kit with my DA and man you will thank me for it Auto geek will send a free sample with a order if you are on the fence .
Yup got 2 2oz samples of the wax i want to try and the pinnicle black onyx tire gel, love autogeek, drop over $500 in the last month on supplies for the summer detailing season, wish i would have done it at once so i got a free banner, got the wolfgang pad cleaner and conditioner with my da kit

Old 03-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
She is looking sweet Matt!
Thanks Tadd.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:18 PM

I've used zymol cleaner wax for 10+ years and swear by it. Always had dark cars before this one and I never had to buff them with that stuff, I love it.

Quick Reply: Favorite wax?