Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Engine Detailing: And So It Begins! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/engine-detailing-so-begins-45219/)

JC Colon 09-29-2013 08:04 PM

Engine Detailing: And So It Begins!

2 Attachment(s)
Cleaned the Engine Compartment and Added the Engine Cover. The Cover is Gray now. Will paint Her Black But haven't decided on colors for the lettering Yet. I know Yellow will be in the mix!

06mistreSS 09-30-2013 09:28 AM

Engine detailing, start breaking out the q-tips! I went at mine recently with them and actually have medical swabs as well, which are more pointed and get in corners almost perfect. Works well to get the dirt/gunk out of all the corners and hard to reach areas.

If you're doing the cover black I'd say just black with yellow lettering (or vise-verse). Nothing too crazy looking, just nice and simple.

ChibiBlackSheep 09-30-2013 09:40 AM

Also there are companies that make vinyl for the lettering, so you dont' have to worry about taping everything off :thumbsup:

JC Colon 09-30-2013 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 573754)
Engine detailing, start breaking out the q-tips! I went at mine recently with them and actually have medical swabs as well, which are more pointed and get in corners almost perfect. Works well to get the dirt/gunk out of all the corners and hard to reach areas.

If you're doing the cover black I'd say just black with yellow lettering (or vise-verse). Nothing too crazy looking, just nice and simple.

I Painted the Cover High Temp Gloss Black, cause I didn't think all that Yellow would Look right. Finding the Comp. Yellow is proving difficult. In the paint list in the auto parts stores there isn't anything Yellow listed. I was thinking Yellow and Red for the letters?

Chib: if you know of any sites were I can find vital lettering that would be Great. I was Also thinking about painting the Alligator Housing the same Black. Just to give it a Finished Look.

06mistreSS 09-30-2013 11:35 AM

Back when I had my yellow 03, I had an auto parts store mix up a pint of the competition yellow (gave them the paint code). I used it to paint my sub box and as touch-up paint. You're right though, that's not a color that's readily available.

ChibiBlackSheep 09-30-2013 11:58 AM

Sure, here is the site I was thinking of: Monte Carlo L36 Engine Cover Overlay Decals

They do great work, can work with people really well.

JC Colon 09-30-2013 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 573799)
Sure, here is the site I was thinking of: Monte Carlo L36 Engine Cover Overlay Decals

They do great work, can work with people really well.

Went to the sight. They have the colors I want and the prices are great. Thanks Chib! You day Monte Man! :thumbsup:

ChibiBlackSheep 10-01-2013 11:58 AM

Glad I could help!

joeykl66 10-01-2013 03:00 PM

Congrats! That is gonna look nicccce! I need to get off my lazt butt and do mine as well.

Montelicious 10-01-2013 03:21 PM

Can't wait to see pics!