Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Duplicolor Tire Shine

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Duplicolor Tire Shine

I was sitting here watching Gearz and they just did a promo on a tire shine product made by Duplicolor. It's an aerosol spray and supposed to leave a long lasting wet look appearance but be dry to the touch. Has anyone tried this stuff yet? How does it compare to other products you've tried?

Tire Shine - YouTube

Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I seen that yesterday, ive been looking for it cuz i deff wanna try it

Old 07-01-2012, 09:18 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've used about everyone of them there is, but not this one. I had an aerosol one by Meguiars? or something once that left a dry finish, but it wasn't very shiny... just gave your tires taht "new tire" look.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I wasnt to thrilled either with the meguires tire black....That just leaves a "matt" finish....

I found one at Walmart of all places called tire wet...and it does a really great job.. Its non aerosol...It comes in a spray pump bottle.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 AM

Currently I'm using Meguiars Endurance Gel and quite happy with the results. I was just curious if anyone had tried this Duplicolor stuff yet and what they thought of it.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

i used meguiars spray and it left some light brown stain on my rims it took FOREVER to get off. so im currently looking for different stuff, might look for that

Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Currently I'm using Meguiars Endurance Gel and quite happy with the results. I was just curious if anyone had tried this Duplicolor stuff yet and what they thought of it.
Im about out of my tire wet...
Next time I head to my local auto parts, I will see if they have it or are planning on getting it...

I will let you know when I find out..and see if its any good....

Old 07-01-2012, 10:09 AM

Yeah, I haven't found any aerosol or pump spray tire shine yet that I like. Not only do they not work well but you always seem to have overspray on your wheels to deal with. A friend of mine made a cover for his wheels out of cardboard that he uses when he sprays his tires (he uses Meguiars Hot Shine), but he has to wipe the excess off with a rag. Even then the shine only lasts for a couple of days so he has to do his tires every other day. :p If this Duplicolor stuff is any good I was thinking of making one of those covers and trying it to help cut down on detail time. Of all the gels I've tried the Meguiars seems to work the best. Some people have had problems with gel sling, but I use just enough to lightly coat the tire and don't have that problem. It still has a nice shine to it a week later when I wash it off (I give the car a major cleaning on the weekend weather permitting) and reapply.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I wasnt to thrilled either with the meguires tire black....That just leaves a "matt" finish....

I found one at Walmart of all places called tire wet...and it does a really great job.. Its non aerosol...It comes in a spray pump bottle.
Hey Dave thats what I use. And thats where I buy it also. I always put cardboard or old rags around each tire before I spray. No slippery spots on the garage floor. I almost broke my azz one time walking thru that. And it was dry. But I love how it works & looks!

Old 07-01-2012, 10:23 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Hey Dave thats what I use. And thats where I buy it also. I always put cardboard or old rags around each tire before I spray. No slippery spots on the garage floor. I almost broke my azz one time walking thru that. And it was dry. But I love how it works & looks!
TADA!!! another satisfied customer!

It does work really well for sure rick...
Especially after a cpl cotes!

When I was younger (In the 70's)..I use to use future floor wax!

Quick Reply: Duplicolor Tire Shine