Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Detailing Chart

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
I was a huge fan of Zymol back in the day when I first started detailing. I loved how it smelled and of course, loved the results it gave me. I didn't care for all the dust it created but it was so worth it, or so I thought, once I was done. I've sinced moved on to bigger and better things and haven't looked back since.
Yea, it is good stuff, but the dust is annoying, actually thats one of the main reasons I did not buy it a second time. But it does do well on your paint!

What products have you moved on to using now?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 AM

Sheeting is dependent on how you do your final rinse, the type of wash you use is not what makes the water sheet off. Wash with whatever soap you have and when you do your final rinse, flood the paint (rinse the car without a nozzle on the hose, letting the water flow freely while holding the hose just a few inches from the surface of the paint). The water will sheet off, leaving very little for your to dry off.

Hi `Rich,
It's always great 2 read your posts/infor/experience.
Would luv 2 C some more of your B-4 & after detail pic's.
You have the talent 4-Sure.
Thanks 4 posting/sharing your knowledge
4-Sure
(Check the below link 2 see flooding water on vehicle : )

How to wash your car like a pro - Step 8 - Final rinse[IMG]linkscanner://safe.gif/[/IMG]
For your final rinse, remove the spray nozzle from your hose. Rinse from the top down, using a gentle stream of water to flood the surface of the car and ...
cars.about.com/od/adviceforowners/ss/howtowash_8.htm - Cached - Similar

Old 12-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Sheeting is dependent on how you do your final rinse, the type of wash you use is not what makes the water sheet off. Wash with whatever soap you have and when you do your final rinse, flood the paint (rinse the car without a nozzle on the hose, letting the water flow freely while holding the hose just a few inches from the surface of the paint). The water will sheet off, leaving very little for your to dry off.
Yup thats how i do it. makes drying the car much easier and you wont get those water spots. I use to use the California squeegee blade thing but now i have used the flooding method as motioned here and i cant go back to the squeegee thing

Old 12-09-2009, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member

i use a water blade anyway, and 98% of the time after i wash i wax anyway so it still looks good

Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Yea, it is good stuff, but the dust is annoying, actually thats one of the main reasons I did not buy it a second time. But it does do well on your paint!

What products have you moved on to using now?
For wax I like S100, Chemical Guys 50/50. I also use some liquid stuff like Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax, ClearKote Vanilla Moose Wax. S100 is my go-to wax of choice, I can get it locally, it's not very expensive, lasts a long time and is about the easiest wax to apply and remove I have ever used. The fact that it doesn't stain trim, can be used on windows and doesn't dust makes it one of my all time favorites.

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi `Rich,
It's always great 2 read your posts/infor/experience. Would luv 2 C some more of your B-4 & after detail pic's. You have the talent 4-Sure.
Thanks 4 posting/sharing your knowledge 4-Sure
Hey there, long time no talk. I haven't done any details worth taking pictures of lately so nothing new to show but when I do I'll post them up.

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Yup thats how i do it. makes drying the car much easier and you wont get those water spots.
True story!

Old 12-15-2009, 04:27 AM

Another good site for info is http://www.detailuniversity.com/

You will learn a lot. And there is more than Megliars

Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 PM

Gothkid, thanks for the chart. Even if we do not need it, I am sure that someone on there would need it or we can use it to show others not on the boards.