Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Chevrolet or SS headrests

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Default Chevrolet or SS headrests

i have a 2002 monte carlo ss.. up for feb motm, vote for me please.. and i see that silver bullit has the chevrolet headrests.. i also have seen ones with the big SS on them.. anybody know where i can find them

Old 01-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009
Default RE: Chevrolet or SS headrests

I really want to get SS embroidered on my hear rests as well. If some one could point us in the right direction that would be awesome.

I do remember reading that if you go into a GM delear you can order the SS headrests from an Impala and it will be embroidered. Does anyone know how much they are?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

they are on ebay quite often.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:21 PM

you can check these out they are not the SS headrest but they are nice they are the dale jr edition

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dale-...spagenameZWD1V

Old 01-30-2009, 04:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: RickAKATed10

I really want to get SS embroidered on my hear rests as well. If some one could point us in the right direction that would be awesome.

I do remember reading that if you go into a GM delear you can order the SS headrests from an Impala and it will be embroidered. Does anyone know how much they are?
You'll pay a pretty penny from the dealer. I would like to get them too, but the problem is, they don't have the seat belt guides, and I'm sure you have noticed, it's kind of a pain if you don't use them in your MC. The guides are also not easy to transfer, I believe some have done it, but not without hacking up the original headrests. I don't think I'm willing to take the risk.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:43 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Before I paid a dealer I think I'd try someplace online like gmpartsdirect.com.

There's other GM suppliers on the net too. So doing a little research can save you some cash.

Our '03 Pace car has theChevy bow tiedesign headrests in it. I sure would love to install these seats in a '57 Chevy.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

ORIGINAL: Cully77

ORIGINAL: RickAKATed10

You'll pay a pretty penny from the dealer. I would like to get them too, but the problem is, they don't have the seat belt guides, and I'm sure you have noticed, it's kind of a pain if you don't use them in your MC. The guides are also not easy to transfer, I believe some have done it, but not without hacking up the original headrests. I don't think I'm willing to take the risk.

seat belt guide? are you talking about the plastic seat belt loop where the belt go on? you don't need to buy new belt guide for it. take the one off your factory headrest and put on the new headrest. there are 2 metal 0 ring holding on the factory headrest. i found an easy way to take off the 0 ring. use a needle nose plier and yank it down and it come right out. there's a guy on ebay sell the headrest like mine. i think his name is "lakewood" something like that. use the search button cause i post his ebay link in replying to ns_monte.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Well I bought a set off eBay. $76 shipped. They arefrom an Impala. I will try to get the seat belt guides off my stock ones, but if I can not do it, I will still be happy with the appeal of the SS embroidery over function loss. I will take some pictures after I get them installed.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:36 PM

i wonder if those would fit a 2002 monte

Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

Ah so you bought those huh? I watched them the first time around, apparently somebody bought them and didn't pay so he relisted them.

Let me know how it goes, I have yet to see somebody (pics) where they were able to switch the seat belt guides. Not a big deal for everybody I'm sure, just personal preference for me, I'd rather have em.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet or SS headrests