Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Carpet Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Default Carpet Cleaner

What carpet cleanerproducts have you guys used, that had success.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:26 AM
Default RE: Carpet Cleaner

One of the oxy cleans worked i cant remember what the brand name was but it was a red and blue bottle and got soda out behind my pasenger side carpet

Old 03-30-2007, 10:10 AM

Scotchguard makes a cleaner that works good.After cleaning you can spray the carpets or cloth upholstery with the fabric protector they also make to resist dirt and stains.They both worked great when my kids were small and in the car a lot.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i use one thats made by kleen-flo...worked for me

i think any kind will work well...i dont think there's that much of a difference in carpet cleaners

Old 04-06-2007, 02:24 PM

for cleaning small spots, i use a GM carpet/vinal cleaner. seems to work good but i havent tried any other products....

Old 08-14-2017, 07:12 AM

Hello,
I'm looking for a great stain/smell cleaner. my car kinda reeks(smells real bad).I know you guys use carpet cleaners cause your carpets are so damn clean.
Thanks

carpet cleaning kamloops

Last edited by zombie23; 08-18-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:41 AM

Hey zipsayain,

I am using Blue Magic Carpet Stain & Spot Lifter and ScotchGard Oxy Carpet & Fabric Spot & Stain Remover to clean my carpet it requires a mere wait time of 10 to 30 seconds to tackle stains. It is very good and easy to use. I personally liked it very much.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zombie23
Hello,
I'm looking for a great stain/smell cleaner. my car kinda reeks(smells real bad).I know you guys use carpet cleaners cause your carpets are so damn clean.
Thanks

carpet cleaning kamloops
Judging by the link you posted "Kamloops" I assume you live in a humid climate like me. In my case, the problem started before I bought the car with leaks into the cabin area from the dreaded poorly designed water deflector leaking through the cabin air filter, and a leaking heater core. In the past year I've tried multiple cleaning/deodorizing products before finally revealing the source and resolving the problem lying under the carpet, not in it. I finally cut to the chase and decided to replace the carpet. To my surprise, there was actually a small amount of coolant and water trapped between layers of sheet metal in the floor pan under the carpet 6 months after repairs. Since the carpet has a solid rubber backing and with no way for air to circulate and/or water to evaporate it just lingered there and ripened. After testing to make sure no water intrusion was still happening I vacuumed and blew out all the water between the sheetmetal layers until completely dry and sprayed the surfaces with ACDelco Odor Eliminator which is mostly alcohol, combined with TSP and Chlorine to kill bacteria.
Link:
Amazon Amazon

After treating I installed the new carpet I bought from Rockauto.com. Not that hard to do and For $200 bucks including shipping and a full day for removal and installation I'm happy to say the smell is gone.

Link to carpet: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...,flooring,1264

Last edited by plumbob; 09-19-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Professor Amos Shock It Clean is supposed to be great for pet stains, grease, oil, lipstick and other types of stains.

I purchased this stuff at a Flea Market and they had a good deal on it.
So I tried it on a carpet stain and it took it out.
A friend of mine had a grandchild drop one of those 4th of July smoke ***** on her rug and they had tried everything and this took it out after several years. She was surprised for sure.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:13 AM

Carpet Cleaner bissel pro heat seems to be the most popular choice.

Quick Reply: Carpet Cleaner