Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

car wash vs wash n' wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member
Default car wash vs wash n' wax

Ok what does everyone like to use. I have always used Meguires Gold Class wash but I think today im going to give in an try out barrett Jackson wash n wax that is supposed to have minimal drying. I get really bad water spots. I also use a "wash wand" from Walmart. It has a tiny canister for soap and you fill that up and put it on the wand and you have a tab to go from regular water to the soap water and 3 different setting on the end depends on how you want the water to come out weather its a fan or a jet spray. I like it. I will post my thoughts tomorrow, possibly tonight

Old 05-20-2015, 08:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

Yes let us know how it works. We can never get enough product reviews.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bet you fight water spots in the heat where you live. Bet the droplets dry before you can get to half of them. I try to wash early morning and pull under the carport to prevent the sun from drying the water before I can get to it.

Would be wonderful if this product would work for you or help you significantly..

Old 05-21-2015, 09:59 AM
1 Year Member

Sorry guys I didn't get a chance to get it. I went to the store for some stuff to make dinner and didn't want to stop by Walmart after, I got to tired. Ill probably get it sometime this weekend.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Definitely can't wash a black car in the sun. That's the biggest offender of water spots.

I use Meguiar's wash as well, the yellow one that smells good. Works well.

I also use the Blue Coral wash and wax. Works well, but doesn't seem to work as well.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:19 AM
1 Year Member

meguires is good stuff. If I want to strip the wax off I will put a little but if jax wax super citrus all purpose cleaner in it.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:09 AM
1 Year Member

Ok so I tried the barrett Jackson wash n wax, that is supposed to be self drying. The water does sheet off pretty well and much less drying than I have had to do in the past. But like it was said earlier in AZ I don't think I will ever have a car wash with no water spots unless I pay for the airforce master blaster which I will be doing very soon as I always have people how much I charge to wash and wax so it might be a little side job for me. but all in all I think the barrett Jackson stuff is good. Now I also tried it on my moms jeep patriot last night and she does not wax her car and she don't wash it as often as she should and the water didn't sheet off nearly as much as it did on mine but I think that is to be expected. Like I said still it was much less drying than I usually have. Sorry no pics as I did this as the sun was going down.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

Sounds about the same as the rain x stuff.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:19 AM
1 Year Member

yeah plus I don't have a way to judge how good the wax part of it is. I wax my car at least once a month. and im being told now to wax it 1-2 times a week to make sure the oxidation don't get worse as Im getting that removed by a detailer in a couple of months. but usually when I wash my car the shine shows better obviously because its a clean car and this looked no different. so if anything I say this is worth it just for the fact that you don't have to dry as much. I still have water spots but not nearly as much. Also I was hesitant using a product that had the barrett Jackson name as those are BIG shoes to fill. on a plus side the stuff does smell great!!!!

Old 05-22-2015, 11:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just use Adams car shampoo.
Car Wash Shampoo | Car Wash | Car Washing Soap

Quick Reply: car wash vs wash n' wax