Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Black Magic Liquid wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Default Black Magic Liquid wax

Hopefully Im doing something wrong. I washed the car, dried it, etc. Shaked the bottle good. Put the wax on and then let it dry for a second after rubbing. To me, I had a ordeal getting the stuff off. Seems to be a little too oily. I first thought I was just using a bad side of the rag. I then tried a different side and same thing. Anyone else have this issue? Another question lol, When I waxed it, I also had a grey sumstance on the rag after wiping the wax off. This aint the clear coat is it?

thank-you
Paul

Old 05-21-2009, 07:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Never used the stuff, but it sounds like Turtle Wax Ice. Kinda greazy. Make sure you're in the shade. the gray stuff is probably crud in the finish and the residue from the polish.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:30 PM

I tried to wax my car with this stuff before to. It's just really oily. I thought I was doing something wrong to, I got tired or buffing the wax off, my dad took over and finally got it right. Took about 30 mins for half the hood, and thats all I did lol. And the grey is just the wax as far as I know. Try a different wax...

Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Never used the stuff, but it sounds like Turtle Wax Ice. Kinda greazy. Make sure you're in the shade. the gray stuff is probably crud in the finish and the residue from the polish.
I saw the info commercial on that stuff seemed too fishy. It was parked in the shade when I washed it as well waxed.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by M.C.BOB
I tried to wax my car with this stuff before to. It's just really oily. I thought I was doing something wrong to, I got tired or buffing the wax off, my dad took over and finally got it right. Took about 30 mins for half the hood, and thats all I did lol. And the grey is just the wax as far as I know. Try a different wax...
pheww. okay. I like black magic, just not there wax. I'll stick to Mothers.

Last edited by PINKFLOYD_; 05-21-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 PM

yeah stay away from black magic wax. As far as I'm concerned they should just stick to tire dressing and interior car. I would go with Meguiars NXT wax if you want a top quality wax. You wont be disapointed.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:20 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

If you are having difficulty getting polish or wax off have you tried a little quick detail spray? Oh and be sure and use a microfiber cloth to remove it

Old 05-21-2009, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
If you are having difficulty getting polish or wax off have you tried a little quick detail spray? Oh and be sure and use a microfiber cloth to remove it
That sounds interesting, I might try that tommorow. thank- you guys and gals.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know if this is the case, but I know wax always has an issue getting off the paint if the car has a lot of contaminants and is just overall not that clean.

The more you wax, the easier it becomes... not because you get used to it, but because the paint is so clean.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I bought a Black Magic Bullet for my drill to polish my wheels. I wanted a Mothers cone, but they were sold out. I used the Bullet today, or tried to. What a P.O S.! Only polishes the high spots. No more Black Magic products for me! I think I'm going to try to get my money back on it. I still have the receipt. P.O.S.!

Quick Reply: Black Magic Liquid wax