Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Best color to paint a monte?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Default Best color to paint a monte?

Alright, so once I replace my head gaskets, re do the rear suspension, and one more minor underbody element I want to pant it... I was thinking of a neon green... it is currently white with a black bumper (bought the monte as salvage and had to buy new bumper... wen with an aftermarket unpainted one) And then I was thinking it'd look sweet if it was neon green then put a fiberglass ood on it... anyone else have any good ideas?

Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Default RE: Best color to paint a monte?

unless you really REALLY like green. don't do neon green

Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not sure if this is the green you were talking about. But here's a pic of my Monte photoshopped green that I did as a joke a couple months back.

It'll give ya an idea of what a monte looks like green though.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:38 PM

hey taz that actually looks nice like that green looks funny but cool at the same time

Old 12-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I'm not much on green, but it doesn't look bad, actually kinda nice. Guess I had better be for getting used to it anyway since my wardrobe will be including a lot of green soon. (I really prefer Bud red, oh well, if he puts that green machine in victory lane, I might learn to love it, LOL)

Old 12-04-2007, 08:09 PM

Well, personally, I like black. It's a pain to keep clean, but there is nothing prettier than a black MC. That being said, I think just about any color under the sun would look good on your Monte Carlo, except maybe pink with purple polka dots, and THAT might even look good on a Monte, LOL.
That green is VERY different. It would be a sure fire attention getter!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM

I'm not big on green, except the real dark shades.IMHO any "neon" type colour belongs in a circus parade. Just can't take a car seriously in those kind of colours, unless it's strictly a "Show" car.

I've always found when ever I had a vehicle painted, (and I have had a few done), I always regretted not staying with one of the original stock colours.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:38 PM

I'd hate to reccomend something off of a subaru, but has anyone else seen that special blue pearl, i guess it is,on the wrx sti? That color pops like nothing else, that would look real sweet on ur mc and make it stand out!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:52 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

nothing is more beautiful than a clean, black car with no scratches.... they look bad when they are dirty though. almost every color looks good on Monte's (purple and yellow are hard to do on most cars.. but Monte's are so cool they can pull it off). its hard to make a bad decision... unless you paint an upside down rainbow with a cloud on it somewhere, then you messed up. i like blue, maroon, and yellow myself.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Do it in Corvette Electron Blue!!, (Thanks the color my bike is painted), that picture isn't quite right though, it's actually kinda dark, but it's fairly bright and lots of metallic in the sun. Plus, Blue is the fastest color , silver also haha

Like this:

Quick Reply: Best color to paint a monte?