Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Best color to paint a monte? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/best-color-paint-monte-6758/)

Nathan 12-02-2007 10:29 PM

Best color to paint a monte?

Alright, so once I replace my head gaskets, re do the rear suspension, and one more minor underbody element I want to pant it... I was thinking of a neon green... it is currently white with a black bumper (bought the monte as salvage and had to buy new bumper... wen with an aftermarket unpainted one) And then I was thinking it'd look sweet if it was neon green then put a fiberglass ood on it... anyone else have any good ideas?

couch 12-03-2007 12:20 AM

RE: Best color to paint a monte?

unless you really REALLY like green. don't do neon green

Taz 12-03-2007 09:31 AM

Not sure if this is the green you were talking about. But here's a pic of my Monte photoshopped green that I did as a joke a couple months back.

It'll give ya an idea of what a monte looks like green though.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...tcar-small.jpg

k_johnston18 12-03-2007 03:38 PM

hey taz that actually looks nice like that green looks funny but cool at the same time

dustybird3 12-03-2007 04:33 PM

I'm not much on green, but it doesn't look bad, actually kinda nice. Guess I had better be for getting used to it anyway since my wardrobe will be including a lot of green soon. (I really prefer Bud red, oh well, if he puts that green machine in victory lane, I might learn to love it, LOL)

mad717 12-04-2007 08:09 PM

Well, personally, I like black. It's a pain to keep clean, but there is nothing prettier than a black MC. That being said, I think just about any color under the sun would look good on your Monte Carlo, except maybe pink with purple polka dots, and THAT might even look good on a Monte, LOL.
That green is VERY different. It would be a sure fire attention getter!

Revitupfaster 12-05-2007 12:00 PM

I'm not big on green, except the real dark shades.IMHO any "neon" type colour belongs in a circus parade. Just can't take a car seriously in those kind of colours, unless it's strictly a "Show" car.

I've always found when ever I had a vehicle painted, (and I have had a few done), I always regretted not staying with one of the original stock colours.

jeffsmonte 12-06-2007 03:38 PM

I'd hate to reccomend something off of a subaru, but has anyone else seen that special blue pearl, i guess it is,on the wrx sti? That color pops like nothing else, that would look real sweet on ur mc and make it stand out!

Cowboy6622 12-06-2007 03:52 PM

nothing is more beautiful than a clean, black car with no scratches.... they look bad when they are dirty though. almost every color looks good on Monte's (purple and yellow are hard to do on most cars.. but Monte's are so cool they can pull it off). its hard to make a bad decision... unless you paint an upside down rainbow with a cloud on it somewhere, then you messed up. i like blue, maroon, and yellow myself.

Epic 12-06-2007 05:36 PM

Do it in Corvette Electron Blue:D!!, (Thanks the color my bike is painted), that picture isn't quite right though, it's actually kinda dark, but it's fairly bright and lots of metallic in the sun. Plus, Blue is the fastest color ;), silver also haha

Like this:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8636/dscf0056bn9.jpg

GrandPaDave 12-06-2007 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: k_johnston18

hey taz that actually looks nice like that green looks funny but cool at the same time
It would better with a couple of Mountain Dew Amp logos!

odessadude 12-06-2007 06:58 PM

How much do you want to spend? A car like the Monte which needs nothing but paint (no body work) would cost about $4,000.00 if you want a quality paint job. This would reflect a dealer price and quality shops. If it is a color change and you want door jams, trunk and hood rails painted plan on alot of greenbacks.

On the other hand I had a friend that had his Intreped painted a few weeks ago and he paid $795.00. They did a fair job, but you get what you pay for.

Taz 12-06-2007 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

ORIGINAL: k_johnston18

It would better with a couple of Mountain Dew Amp logos!
haha. I've been told it would look better with a big Interstate Batteries logo on it.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

FinkenZ34 01-12-2008 02:26 AM

Dark carmine Red Metallic ;)

AwesomeSS 01-12-2008 05:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Taz

haha. I've been told it would look better with a big Interstate Batteries logo on it.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
I was thinking the same thing! LOL

fever42 01-12-2008 07:06 AM

Well when old Henry (can't bring myself to say this word) started building cars he said young man you can have any color you want as long as it's BLACK

[IMG]local://upfiles/99/AF359C2DAC56431C90B2430736B49C6F.jpg[/IMG]

BeachBumMike 01-12-2008 09:31 AM

[align=center]Hi Nathan,[/align][align=center]I think color is a personal choice. I would choose what you like best.[/align][align=center]You are the one that will be look'in at it the most.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is a link to a color chart, maybe it will help you.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.cyclart.com/paintchips1.html[/align]

[hr]

[align=center]Move over silver, white is right in car paint color [/align][align=center](MarketWatch) -- Green may be symbolic of the environmental push toward low-emission, fuel-sipping vehicles, but drivers choose lemon over lime when it comes to the color of their car, according to a recent study from DuPont.[/align][/align]

In fact, only 2% of new vehicles built in North America are painted green, compared to 3% for yellow, the chemical company (DD:
E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

DD44.66, -0.62, -1.4%) concluded in its 2007 survey.
[align=center][/align]
At the top of the list, white put an end to silver's seven-year stint in the lead, with 19% of new cars opting for the absence of color rather than the flagship shade of German sports cars.
[align=center][/align]

In fact, only 2% of new vehicles built in North America are painted green, compared to 3% for yellow, the chemical company (DD:

DD, , ) concluded in its 2007 survey.
[align=center][/align]
At the top of the list, white put an end to silver's seven-year stint in the lead, with 19% of new cars opting for the absence of color rather than the flagship shade of German sports cars.
[align=center][/align]

Black at 16% wasn't too far behind, followed by red, gray and blue. After that, there was a marked fall off to beige, then yellow and green.
[align=center][/align]
"The growth of white pearl and black effect represents two neutrals with special effects, including metallic and hue shifting finishes," Karen Surcina, DuPont's color marketing and technology manager, said. "This provides a safe color space for customers with the ability to add a level of customization or flair."
[align=center][/align][center][b]A theme of customiza

RocknSS04 01-13-2008 06:44 AM

ONLY one color for a 6th gen Monte, and it is BLACK!

GrandPaDave 01-13-2008 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

ONLY one color for a 6th gen Monte, and it is BLACK!
I don't know....That LASER BLUE is a pretty bitching color!!!;)

BLACK ATTACK 01-13-2008 08:31 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You poor Bastard... BLACK... Boy, the Honeymoon will end quickly with that choice!

I spend 4-6-hours a week, just trying to keep my Black Monte looking good. Where it would only take 2-hours a week if I had a white car, and may be,3-hrs for a Silver, Red, Yellow, etc. The only other color that needs all the TLC a Black needs is Dark Blue.

Well... Kiss your real-life goodby... cause your car is going to take over! ;):D:D

phoenixdude24 02-05-2008 06:35 PM

clearly all ya'll be smokin' something strong as yellow is by far the best color for 6th gen montes
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...4/CIMG1660.jpg

God_Bot 02-05-2008 06:54 PM

[sm=smiley24.gif]

Yellow does look good, but it isn't a color that I'm very fond of.

You are now the exception to my previous train of thought phoenixdude, every single yellow Monte I've ever seen has had a female driver. I was starting to wonder if females got a discount on yellow Montes or something.

Personally I'm more for silver, black, red, blue, and green cars. Of course they have to be a certain shade and whatnot, I like two-toned metallics the best.

phoenixdude24 02-05-2008 06:56 PM

i was very against yellow cars, especially after my sister got a yellow '02 mustang, but my dad insisted that he drove by the dealership and that this yellow monte was "poppin". while it saddens me to hear my 49 year old father call anything "poppin" it certainly does just that in the right sunlight